Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By linkus
PSIG wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:16 pm
linkus wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:12 pmHmm are you sure? last time i checked the clio 172 runs the same pattern, and all other ecu's detect that as a 60-2 pattern :( i even think that ivanro_jo on slack have it running with this kind of trigger.
. . .
Also strange when i asked the reseller about the triggerpattern they said like this
"It’s a standard Clio 172 / 182 trigger pattern 60-2 so is compatible with most, if not all aftermarket ecus."
It would not read correctly in "standard" form, with a "correct" polarity VR sensor, reading the trailing (falling) edges of the teeth in order to properly read the missing teeth and to avoid signal drift. That said, and reading only the rising edge, it could be seen as a 60-2 — but I would experiment in order to determine whether a reverse-polarity sensor output vs leading edge detection results in less timing drift and proper gap detection. Fingers crossed!

David

It would have been great if the + and - teeth placement were reversed, or the engine rotation reversed "Honda" style. :lol:
CLIO_teeth.jpg

Thanks for the clearification, what if i run a HALL-sensor as CAS? would that help? or am i totally under the buss? Would it be a bitch to add this as a "Custom wheel" like it has been done on other?
By PSIG
linkus wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:33 pmThanks for the clearification, what if i run a HALL-sensor as CAS? would that help? or am i totally under the buss? Would it be a bitch to add this as a "Custom wheel" like it has been done on other?
Yes, a digital Hall sensor would work reading the leading tooth edges (whichever high or low output that provides with a specific sensor) without any secondary issues. 8-)

If VR is the only choice, I would prefer standard polarity on a custom decoder; though testing may find other issues either minor or no problem at all with that particular wheel and specific sensor. A nutshell of my previous post; the trailing edge of teeth (with either polarity) are typically preferred as being sharper and more consistent, without zero-crossing or threshold issues.

This may help with concept: VR Interfacing You can see with that outline, there are a number of potential pitfalls and workarounds, but they could be frustrating to navigate without some knowledge or understanding. So, many responders often just say "do this" with confidence, when there may be 3 or 30 other options, but those take time and effort to offer. But if that's the type of answer you need right now, then... Do this — use a Hall. :lol:

David
By linkus
PSIG wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:42 pm
linkus wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:33 pmThanks for the clearification, what if i run a HALL-sensor as CAS? would that help? or am i totally under the buss? Would it be a bitch to add this as a "Custom wheel" like it has been done on other?
Yes, a digital Hall sensor would work reading the leading tooth edges (whichever high or low output that provides with a specific sensor) without any secondary issues. 8-)

If VR is the only choice, I would prefer standard polarity on a custom decoder; though testing may find other issues either minor or no problem at all with that particular wheel and specific sensor. A nutshell of my previous post; the trailing edge of teeth (with either polarity) are typically preferred as being sharper and more consistent, without zero-crossing or threshold issues.

This may help with concept: VR Interfacing You can see with that outline, there are a number of potential pitfalls and workarounds, but they could be frustrating to navigate without some knowledge or understanding. So, many responders often just say "do this" with confidence, when there may be 3 or 30 other options, but those take time and effort to offer. But if that's the type of answer you need right now, then... Do this — use a Hall. :lol:

David
Haha i have said this before and i will say it again your knowledge blows me away! Thanks alot for sharing i will look att that VR-document and see, i talked to some Clio guys yesterday and lo and behold... the triggerpattern is not 60-2 (as you have stated) one guy claimed it to be 59,5-2....... fakking french le sigh
By Fokeiro
Hi, You still have problems with de pattern of the flywheel? I have a Clio mk1 with F7R from Megane Coupe and running with Megasquirt. I modified the flywheel and milled the large Tooth for not have problems with the trigger.
Sorry for the bad English I am from Spain jajaj
By linkus
Fokeiro wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:18 pm Hi, You still have problems with de pattern of the flywheel? I have a Clio mk1 with F7R from Megane Coupe and running with Megasquirt. I modified the flywheel and milled the large Tooth for not have problems with the trigger.
Sorry for the bad English I am from Spain jajaj
Hey dude! i have not mounted the flywheel on the engine yet, i'm in the middle of getting a new garage, so no time for engine stuff.

Sweet! do you have a picture of your flywheel? :D

It's okey! i understand you :D
By Fokeiro
Hi
In the first photo I have marked the dimensions of the teeths, You need to mill a Tooth and the high island between the Tooths like in the photo
Sorry but I haven't any photo of the flywheel ready to mount.
By linkus
Fokeiro wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:48 am Hi
In the first photo I have marked the dimensions of the teeths, You need to mill a Tooth and the high island between the Tooths like in the photo
Sorry but I haven't any photo of the flywheel ready to mount.
Awesome! Thanks for the picture! No problem, i get it how you fixed it!
By linkus
gpineau wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:56 pm Love this thread. You are totally overboard into this project.
Haha thanks, yeah it kinda went totally overboard xD still havent got the time to throw the engine in tho, but im switching garage AGAIN to cut my monthly costs down a bit.
By Murvi
linkus wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:12 am
gpineau wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:56 pm Love this thread. You are totally overboard into this project.
Haha thanks, yeah it kinda went totally overboard xD still havent got the time to throw the engine in tho, but im switching garage AGAIN to cut my monthly costs down a bit.
Hi, can I ask if you managed to confirm the 60/2 flywheel as we are in yearly stages of a Clio 182 project.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?