Speeduino is now on Github Sponsors (Rather than Patreon): https://github.com/sponsors/noisymime
Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By chris.spain
My Speeduino is now working on fuel, but I have one final job to do - get the fuel pump drive working.

I found out that the fuel pump pin 14, on the 40W connector is not connected (board as purchased has no driver chip fitted) so I want to connect to a pin that will work if reassigned, for example the boost has a driver circuit that could drive a relay.

So my question is how to reassign the pump signal to the boost pin. I know that in Tuner Studio accessories, each output can be reassigned to a number between 3 and 9, but how do I know what number to use? Do I change the Pump output or the Boost?
By apollard
Change the fuel pump to the default boost pin. Then change the boost pin to something default fuel pump pin to prevent conflicts.
By PSIG
chris.spain wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:53 pm
... So my question is how to reassign the pump signal to the boost pin. I know that in Tuner Studio accessories, each output can be reassigned to a number between 3 and 9, but how do I know what number to use? Do I change the Pump output or the Boost?
On the TS pin reassignment for Fuel Pump, note there is a slider on the side of the selection list, giving you many more options than 3 through 9 if you scroll the list down. ;) v0.4 FP output is default on Mega pin 45 (goes to the proto area). Boost output is default on Mega pin 7.
  • Set FP to pin 7.
  • Burn.
  • Set Boost to pin 45.
  • Burn and Save tune.
  • New FP output is now through Q8 to J5 pin 1 and IDC pin 35 (your choice for wiring).
The output will ground when the FP should be active. It should be active when Speeduino is powered-up with 12V, for as long as the Fuel Pump Prime Duration is set (default 6 seconds), or when Speeduino detects RPM.

Use a meter to probe from +12V to J5-1 and/or IDC35. Power Speeduino (no USB power) and verify output grounding. Wire your FP relay signal terminal (usually #85 on Bosch relays) to J5-1 or IDC35. With power on the other relay coil terminal (usually #86), the relay should operate (click) when Speeduino is powered-up with 12V, and also when it detects RPM. Wire the relay with +12V power in (usually #30) and power out (usually #87) to the FP (+) terminal. Test FP operation. Go for a drive. ;)

David

Typical Bosch-style relay wiring scheme. There are many ways to do this, so verify how your original wiring is used if adapting to it:
Typical_Relay_Wiring_sm.jpg
Typical_Relay_Wiring_sm.jpg (39.48 KiB) Viewed 2017 times
By chris.spain
ThankS David, I will do that. Are the pin numbers listed anywhere in the user doc, or anywhwere else? I may want to move other signals around at a later date.
By dazq
Check out the schematic all the pin numbers and port label are on there
By PSIG
Correct. Another easy reference for default pin settings is in your code download. In the speeduino folder is utils.ino [EDIT - in newer code, the info is the file init.ino, around line 951], which you can view in a text editor or Arduino IDE. Look in there for the "case" sections for each PCB board type. Below is case 3 for the v0.4 series boards, where you can find the default pin mappings. Fuel Pump pin is 45 on the Mega for those boards. Note that these are default, and if reassigned in TS, they will NOT change here:
Code: Select all
    case 3:
      //Pin mappings as per the v0.4 shield
      pinInjector1 = 8; //Output pin injector 1 is on
      pinInjector2 = 9; //Output pin injector 2 is on
      pinInjector3 = 10; //Output pin injector 3 is on
      pinInjector4 = 11; //Output pin injector 4 is on
      pinInjector5 = 12; //Output pin injector 5 is on
      pinCoil1 = 40; //Pin for coil 1
      pinCoil2 = 38; //Pin for coil 2
      pinCoil3 = 52; //Pin for coil 3
      pinCoil4 = 50; //Pin for coil 4
      pinCoil5 = 34; //Pin for coil 5 PLACEHOLDER value for now
      pinTrigger = 19; //The CAS pin
      pinTrigger2 = 18; //The Cam Sensor pin
      pinTPS = A2;//TPS input pin
      pinMAP = A3; //MAP sensor pin
      pinIAT = A0; //IAT sensor pin
      pinCLT = A1; //CLS sensor pin
      pinO2 = A8; //O2 Sensor pin
      pinBat = A4; //Battery reference voltage pin
      pinDisplayReset = 48; // OLED reset pin
      pinTachOut = 49; //Tacho output pin  (Goes to ULN2803)
      pinIdle1 = 5; //Single wire idle control
      pinIdle2 = 6; //2 wire idle control
      pinBoost = 7; //Boost control
      pinVVT_1 = 4; //Default VVT output
      pinFuelPump = 45; //Fuel pump output  (Goes to ULN2803)
      pinStepperDir = 16; //Direction pin  for DRV8825 driver
      pinStepperStep = 17; //Step pin for DRV8825 driver
      pinStepperEnable = 24; //Enable pin for DRV8825
      pinFan = 47; //Pin for the fan output (Goes to ULN2803)
      pinLaunch = 12; //Can be overwritten below
      pinFlex = 2; // Flex sensor (Must be external interrupt enabled)
Use the schematics and PCB images @dazq mentioned in order to trace the outputs of each pin, for what components the signal goes to/through, and where it connects for wiring.

David

Edited for new file location
Last edited by PSIG on Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
By chris.spain
Thanks for that. I did try to trace it through the circuit diagram but I just went round in circles trying to track down interconnections. The list is so much easier to use. Even though I expanded the scale of the drawings, and printed them out on 3 sheets of A4, I still struggled with seeing pin numbers, my eyesight is not what it used to be.

I followed the instructions for the pin swap and now all is well, so only one more problem to be solved; to get the speed interface woking from ignition coil signal to open collector output of opto isolator (I will ask about that on my other thread).

Thanks again.
Toyota 1MZ-FE PNP

The car is running! 20201124_161006_720.jpg

Coils getting hot

okay so i did some back tracking and found out tha[…]

If you have primary on the crank, why change it?

Hi, it was this thread, 'https://speeduino.com/for[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?