Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By Sylvbl
Ok, now I understand for the VR module. :D

And for the pin 23 ground that is not working, the speeduino version is 0.4.2.
In replacement I will use pin 12 gnd. ;)
By Sylvbl
Hey guys! :)

I got a new issue.

I wired my 12V and Ground on Speeduino with an alimentation and It works fine(12v on voltmeter and on tunerstudio)
And when I plug my connector on battery car, I got 12v with voltmeter on wires. If I put the speeduino, the voltage fall until 9V, I don't really understand why :shock:
I just have the battery and nothing else

Do you have any ideas?
By Sylvbl
Hello :)

I come back with my problem, I searched a little bit and I'm confused.
To illustrate the problem I have done some drawing.

The first test is with an external 12V alimentation, on Tunerstudio and with the Voltmeter the voltage is on 12V:
case1.png
case1.png (16.68 KiB) Viewed 5298 times

Next, I plugged the connector to the harness of the car without the speedy and measure with voltmeter, gives 12.3V:
Case2.png
Case2.png (17.24 KiB) Viewed 5298 times

And for the end, the problem, when I had the Speedy on the car, gives 9V :(
Case3.png
Case3.png (17.54 KiB) Viewed 5298 times

Do you have any ideas about this problem?
Maybe the battery car car is not enough strong I'm a little bit lost :cry:
By PSIG
First, turn on your headlights and measure voltage. If low, your battery or connections are poor. If good, next try attaching a turn signal or brake light bulb and testing the voltage again. The bulb will actually pull more current than Speeduino should. What is the measured voltage? Are the voltages different measured at 1, 2 or 3?

David
V-test.png
V-test.png (22.95 KiB) Viewed 5294 times
By Sylvbl
I'll test that tomorrow and let you know the result! :D

Hope it's just that and we will find the issue.
The thing I don't understand is that if it's a poor connection, I should have saw that before. It's my daily and it should not running properly with a 9V ECU. :roll:
By eric111
Hello Sylvbl,
I'm about to start a Speeduino project on a Peugeot 206 1.4 from 2000 (with Marelli ecu)
I want to ask you what is the ATDC trigger angle for the 60-2 trigger wheel? since it's hiding with flywheel in the gearbox

So you are going to run with Coil on Plug but waste spark? (because on cam sensor)

any plans to connect the Tach and Fan?

do you have air condition? how would you compensate for the extra load? with the Idle control valve ?

Is there any thing to do with the Body computer the BSI? it has any connection to the ECU?

thanks
Eric
By Sylvbl
Hi Eric111 :)

For our 8V engine, the trigger angle offset in tunerstudio should be 114°. For 16v, it's 120°.

It's true, I will run it on wasted spark .

For the tach and fan, I'm not really sure but it should be possible thanks to the ULN:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1023&p=16588#p16588

We just need to check the signal out of our stock ecu to see if it's possible and maybe ask in the forum if we have a doubt, same for fan ;)

I don't have air conditioning on the car. For extra load, I will see when the car will be running.
I don't have BSI on my car so I can't reply to this question :?

For the moment I haven't fix my problem because I did not have time to do it.
By Sam berlingo
Sylvbl wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:12 am Here is my new wiring diagram following PSIG and dazq instructions:

Wiring.png

I'll begin wiring inputs soon :D
Hi, mine is berlingo 1.4 8v. First of all thanks for the diagram. Everything is almost same except the coil pack. For the idle stepper motor, do you connect directly to the board or do we need a stepper motor controller?
By Sylvbl
Sam berlingo wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:43 pm
Sylvbl wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:12 am Here is my new wiring diagram following PSIG and dazq instructions:

Wiring.png

I'll begin wiring inputs soon :D
Hi, mine is berlingo 1.4 8v. First of all thanks for the diagram. Everything is almost same except the coil pack. For the idle stepper motor, do you connect directly to the board or do we need a stepper motor controller?
Hello Sam,

If you have a 4 wires Stepper Motors, you will need a DRV8825 driver BUT, I never made it works properly. (Maybe settings issues because I can hear weird stepper noise)
Since this diagram I built a full PNP board to replace my M744 ecu. All is working properly except the idle valve that
I unplugged it on a good idle position.

If you have a M744 ecu and need more data, I can provide them to you

I think possible reasons for that would be: 1) loo[…]

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?