Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By TDSA
Fuel pump test - pics of the setup i have built with scope screen.
IMG_4024.JPG
IMG_4024.JPG (108.4 KiB) Viewed 5089 times
IMG_4023.JPG
IMG_4023.JPG (149.91 KiB) Viewed 5089 times
IMG_4025.JPG
IMG_4025.JPG (124.73 KiB) Viewed 5089 times
By TDSA
Apollard - I have taken a screen shot of the code inside the utils.ino file, and it seems that there are two pins sharing the same pin number 5 - which is PinIdle1 = 5;

Will this not cause a hassle with the thermofan working?

Secondly - another test i did was check if the fuel pump primed for the 6 seconds set in the tuner studio software. It doesn't -- it seems that there is a permanent 12V source from this pin as long as there is power provided to the ECU. I was wondering if the pin number had to be changed inside the util.no code to Pin4? as it is currently on Pin45 --- is this correct?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 6.04.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 6.04.19 PM.png (21.14 KiB) Viewed 5085 times
By dazq
No two pins should share the same number allocated to them as they will interact and cause odd behaviour as you have been seeing.
Yes the pump pin should now be 4 as that is what you are using, but check that no other 4 exist if they do just substitute in the 45 to that other one.
Pinidle1 will need to be set to 6
I recall u mention boost too so set that to 7
If you look on the diagram you will see that ties them to the idle anbd boost high current outputs which outputs on boost@35 abd idle@37
Hope that helps
By TDSA
dazq wrote:No two pins should share the same number allocated to them as they will interact and cause odd behaviour as you have been seeing.
Yes the pump pin should now be 4 as that is what you are using, but check that no other 4 exist if they do just substitute in the 45 to that other one.
If you look on the diagram you will see that ties them to the idle anbd boost high current outputs which outputs on boost@35 abd idle@37
Hope that helps
This is all in the Case3 settings right? nowhere else?

PS: there is no boost pin ....
By dazq
TDSA wrote:
dazq wrote:No two pins should share the same number allocated to them as they will interact and cause odd behaviour as you have been seeing.
Hope that helps
This is all in the Case3 settings right? nowhere else?

PS: there is no boost pin ....
Yes all in case3 for v04
Looking at the current utils.ino on github there is a pinboost 7 entry , and on the diagram there is a boost out on pin 35 on the idc40
TDSA wrote: Secondly - another test i did was check if the fuel pump primed for the 6 seconds set in the tuner studio software. It doesn't -- it seems that there is a permanent 12V source from this pin as long as there is power provided to the ECU.

Looks like Daqz has answered your other questions-

Do you mean 12V on the corresponding HC-x-out in the IDC connector? If so, those should not have 12 v on them, if they do there is an issue in the board construction. These are switched ground only, no 12V source on them at all.
By TDSA
apollard wrote:
TDSA wrote: Secondly - another test i did was check if the fuel pump primed for the 6 seconds set in the tuner studio software. It doesn't -- it seems that there is a permanent 12V source from this pin as long as there is power provided to the ECU.

Looks like Daqz has answered your other questions-

Do you mean 12V on the corresponding HC-x-out in the IDC connector? If so, those should not have 12 v on them, if they do there is an issue in the board construction. These are switched ground only, no 12V source on them at all.
You are correct they are ground pins, but connecting the multimeter or scope to the other 12V source pin, will show the voltage. The problem still remains that the fuel pump does not switch on at all and nor does the thermofan deactivate when underneath the temperature with the hysteresis taken into account.
By TDSA
[quote="dazq"][quote="TDSA"][quote="dazq"]No two pins should share the same number allocated to them as they will interact and cause odd behaviour as you have been seeing.
I recall u ment

Dazq - here is a screen shot of the code - i cannot see any pinboost7 anywhere under the Case3 section.... ?
By dazq
TDSA wrote:
dazq wrote:
TDSA wrote:
If you measure an output pin with a meter to +12v if that meter is showing +12v then the output is on? That is what you said

You are correct they are ground pins, but connecting the multimeter or scope to the other 12V source pin, will show the voltage.

All correct if the output was on constantly. Note to be true they are ground switched output pins not ground pins

.Here is sn extract from utils.ino on github
pinIdle1 = 5; //Single wire idle control
pinIdle2 = 6; //2 wire idle control
pinBoost = 7; //Boost control
pinVVT_1 = 4; //Default VVT output
pinFuelPump = 45; //Fuel pump output (Goes to ULN2803)
pinStepperDir = 16; //Direction pin for DRV8825 driver
pinStepperStep = 17; //Step pin for DRV8825 driver
pinFan = 47; //Pin for the fan output (Goes to ULN2803)
pinLaunch = 12; //Can be overwritten below
pinFlex = 2; // Flex sensor (Must be external interrupt enabled)
break

Have you also selected the pins in ts too?
By TDSA
dazq wrote:
TDSA wrote:
dazq wrote:
If you measure an output pin with a meter to +12v if that meter is showing +12v then the output is on? That is what you said

You are correct they are ground pins, but connecting the multimeter or scope to the other 12V source pin, will show the voltage.

All correct if the output was on constantly. Note to be true they are ground switched output pins not ground pins

.Here is sn extract from utils.ino on github
pinIdle1 = 5; //Single wire idle control
pinIdle2 = 6; //2 wire idle control
pinBoost = 7; //Boost control
pinVVT_1 = 4; //Default VVT output
pinFuelPump = 45; //Fuel pump output (Goes to ULN2803)
pinStepperDir = 16; //Direction pin for DRV8825 driver
pinStepperStep = 17; //Step pin for DRV8825 driver
pinFan = 47; //Pin for the fan output (Goes to ULN2803)
pinLaunch = 12; //Can be overwritten below
pinFlex = 2; // Flex sensor (Must be external interrupt enabled)
break

Have you also selected the pins in ts too?
I think maybe i am running a different firmware to you -- i downloaded the DEC2016 file and uploaded this to the arduino mega. In my Case3 portion of code, there are clear differences to what you posted above.... being that there is no PinBoost entry in my utils.ino file..... which firmware version are you using?

Ill take a small video of whats happening with the thermo fan - and post it on youtube - so you can understand what i mean.

video to follow shortly.

I've been away from playing cars for a few weeks, […]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wo[…]

I uploaded logs and last tune and dyno plots look[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?