Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By FastReligion
I am in the process of adding a lot of power to a direct injected vehicle. Typically you would use something like a split second controller to add fuel, and right now that is what i am using, but in my case I need to be able to have fuel trim adjustments with the aux fuel.

So my question is this. The split second controllers can use a 4 tooth cam sensor signal to determine RPM, I literally just had to tap into the signal output wire on the hall sensor to get signal. Is it possible for me to do the same with the speeduino? Or does it have to be a missing tooth system? I will not be doing anything other than controlling 4 injectors. I would prefer NOT to batch fire, as to get a bit more control, as the injectors are right at the head. But if that's the only way to accomplish this, then I can make it work. I understand that without a missing tooth It will be difficult to get the injector timing right, I am willing to play around with that.

Thanks for any help you may offer!
By PSIG
As a secondary injector controller like Split Second, yes, it can fire from a 4-tooth wheel, assuming the teeth are even. No, it will not be sequential without a signal to indicate the beginning of a cycle. So, paired injectors or batch, or give it a cycle signal from somewhere. More info on the tooth arrangement, or other wheels or signals would help to determine options.
By runesm
With a 4 tooth cam sensor, anything but batched is impossible as you have no reference, only speed.

Megasquirt is a commonly used secondary injection controller when adding that to the bmw 6cylinder inlines.

If you feed speeduino the neccesary signals, it can do the same job as well :)

What are you building?
runesm wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:03 am With a 4 tooth cam sensor, anything but batched is impossible as you have no reference, only speed.

Megasquirt is a commonly used secondary injection controller when adding that to the bmw 6cylinder inlines.

If you feed speeduino the neccesary signals, it can do the same job as well :)

What are you building?
Its a newer Nissan.

So i can use the cam signal as my rpm input? how would i configure the trigger in the software? just 4 tooth no missing tooth?

I can make batched work.
By PSIG
Use Basic Distributor, described here in the Wiki for cam-speed un-timed pulses with no cycle signal or missing-tooth. Read some more while you're there to fill-in some info you may be seeking. You can also use multiple injections and alternating mode to achieve quasi-sequential fuel distribution. Lots of options. 8-)
Running a k24a2 w/o a chassis

Good point! I guess for starters, is there a trigg[…]

Have you tried Missing Tooth (crank) as a 2-1 wh[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

The issue got worse recently. From the logs I can […]

Cool. 8-) Yes, it's actually simple to do basic[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?