Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
OK, I will try and isolate the controller to make sure it is functioning as expected.

Outside of the idle not responding from changes to Tuner Studio setting there seems to be no issue with the ETC. When I turn on Speedy the butterfly jumps about 1/2mm and then sits exactly where it rests when off so I can assume it's calibrated properly (at least to the low side). The response to throttle input is fine and the TPS is calibrated with Speedy.

After looking at an old throttle body I have in a drawer I notice that the butterfly is slightly open at rest. If I push on the butterfly I can close it a further 5-10*. I've calibrated the Dstage ETC so that resting is the 0 or base position of the butterfly, is this correct? Or is the correct 0 position when the butterfly is 100% closed?

Even with the butterfly 100% there is a small hole in the front of the TB to let air through. Should I recalibrate the ETC so that the butterfly is 100% closed at startup....?

I also noticed in the Dstage manual that the IAC input is between 0-5v.
- IAC input allowing for ECU idle control with 5V PWM signal,
5v supplied directly to the IAC pad on Dstage should open the butterfly and tell me if the IAC on the controller is functioning correctly?
If the dstage accepts a 5v pwm input then the voltage is always 5v. What changes is the on off ratio in the signal( that's what pwm is!) At the set frequency.

My jaguar dbw body has the butterfly slightly open so that the engine runs at about 15-1800 rpm when the flap motor is disconnected.
Even cable operated bodies very often are set using a feeler gauge to a small opening position at minimum throttle (my k series body is set just so).
So I recalibrated the TBC so that 0 is the throttle 100% closed. I got the MAP reading down around 35 and the idle speed around 600. :D

I still can't seem to get any response from the idle settings. Is there a way I can trouble shoot the controller and isolate the potential issue. I'm trying to discover:

1) Is speedy is sending a signal to the controller through pin 37.
2) Is the IAC port is receiving a signal and acting accordingly.
If the dstage accepts a 5v pwm input then the voltage is always 5v. What changes is the on off ratio in the signal( that's what pwm is!) At the set frequency.
Given that it's a pulse wave is there any way to simulate this signal? Or are there any other ways to troubleshoot this...?

If I ask a question on the Dstage thread is it best to post on the thread or to start a new thread?

Thanks
Attachments
(82.61 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
I would suggest starting a new thread with issues and questions about the dstage dbw controller so the responses are kept together and don't mix up his development thread.
So I got an Uno and simulated a PWM signal of 50% at 490 Hz. I connected the output directly to the IAC pad on the Dstage board and the butterfly responded by opening a few degrees.

I then tried to trace back where fault is occurring using the diagram below.
Screen Shot 2023-03-29 at 5.24.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-29 at 5.24.01 PM.png (34.68 KiB) Viewed 727 times
With the board powered up I got the following readings:
MCU-D5, R43, R47 and one of the HVM NMOS legs = 2.5v
IDLE OUT shows no voltage.

I'm trying to work out where the fault is. Can I assume that given MCU-D5 = 2.5v the Mega is trying to power the Idle but there is an issue somewhere along the way?

I checked the board and the soldering looks pretty good. The dishwasher made the board pretty clean but I could get it even cleaner with some rubbing alcohol.

Other than desoldering and testing components, I'm not really sure which tests to conduct next to isolate the issue........
Izzy46 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:34 pm So I got an Uno and simulated a PWM signal of 50% at 490 Hz. I connected the output directly to the IAC pad on the Dstage board and the butterfly responded by opening a few degrees.

I then tried to trace back where fault is occurring using the diagram below.
Screen Shot 2023-03-29 at 5.24.01 PM.png

With the board powered up I got the following readings:
MCU-D5, R43, R47 and one of the HVM NMOS legs = 2.5v
IDLE OUT shows no voltage.
I'm trying to work out where the fault is. Can I assume that given MCU-D5 = 2.5v the Mega is trying to power the Idle but there is an issue somewhere along the way?
Have you got 12v on the IDLE OUT wire with it disconnected from the circuit?
By that diagram, D16 is only a path for solenoid inductive flyback voltage spikes. If no 12V is getting to the Idle-Out, then you're fine, and ignore that. As Idle-Out is simply a grounding circuit, that also indicates that the device (ETC in this case) should have a 5V pullup, either internally or added into the circuit. This would function as 5V signal, grounded in pulses by Speeduino to create a 0V-5V signal to the ETC.

If all of that is making sense, when the ETC is powered-up, it should show 5V on its idle input, waiting to be grounded. If it does not, and all of this is confirmed by D-Stage, then it's either not enabled, or you need to add the 5V pullup. Again, I would verify with D-Stage.
If all of that is making sense, when the ETC is powered-up, it should show 5V on its idle input, waiting to be grounded. If it does not, and all of this is confirmed by D-Stage, then it's either not enabled, or you need to add the 5V pullup. Again, I would verify with D-Stage.
I checked the ETC and I get 0v at the IAC pad when powered up.

I posted a new thread over at the Accessory Boards section, hopefully I'll return to this thread soon with the issue solved :) :) :)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5815

Hello all, I've been trying to figure out if my i[…]

Hi PSIG, Thanks for the reply and leads to try. I[…]

Well done

RS components have them: https://br.rsdelivers.co[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?