Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
I am swapping in a 4.0L into an Eagle. Initially, I was going to keep running a carb, but it's being bored and stroked to 4.7L and I want to weigh my options. I've messed with enough early 1990s electronics to know a stock ECU is going to need recapped. Also, since I am keeping the stock three speed in the Eagle, I can't use some of the sensors.

Here is what I am aiming to do, use stock parts for EFI, but I can't use a Crank position sensor unless I modify the transmission bell housing or swap in a different transmission. I want to otherwise use stock parts, injectors, throttlebody, etc. Is this doable, using a tach signal from the distributor?
tgotr wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:12 am… I can't use a Crank position sensor unless I modify the transmission bell housing or swap in a different transmission. I want to otherwise use stock parts, injectors, throttlebody, etc. Is this doable, using a tach signal from the distributor?
Why can't you use the stock crank sensor? Most things are doable, but it might be helpful for you to give us specifics to your hardware, i.e., crank pattern, number of injectors and their resistance, other available stock sensors, etc. I strongly suggest you allow the ECM control your timing also, as fuel and spark are a pair that must be coordinated for best results.
I would like to get an eagle and swap in a stroked 4.0L. It has been on my list for years. So far I just have a small collection of XJ's. :D
You can modify the bell housing as you already said, or you can install the cps on the crank pulley.
Have you considered using the AW4 instead of the 3 speed?
Mr_Hypnotic wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:07 pm I would like to get an eagle and swap in a stroked 4.0L. It has been on my list for years. So far I just have a small collection of XJ's. :D
You can modify the bell housing as you already said, or you can install the cps on the crank pulley.
Have you considered using the AW4 instead of the 3 speed?
I have, but the TF998 transmission was rebuilt recently. If the transmission hadn't been rebuilt, then I would consider it. It would give me a chance to put Selec-Trac in the Eagle and have 4-Lo. The budget doesn't allow me to replace a totally functional transmission. Maybe having the 4.0L stroked to 4.7L will give the TF998 seven neutrals and I will go with an AW4

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?