Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
Hello there!
Long time lurker, now finally installing my speeduino that I've been traveling inside my center console for over 8 months unconnected, lol.

Since my car it's originally carb, and I want to eventually go full sequential, I went for the trigger wheel route instead of basic distributor. That said, i've got a machine shop to custom machine a 36 tooth wheel in the crank pulley.
Since they didn't knew my application, they didn't remove any tooth, now that's where my question is at.

My CKP sensor, the only way I could mount it, it's one and a half tooth apart from TDC, ATDC being specific.

I've been searching the terms "trigger" and "trigger wheel" on the forums and reading the old and new wiki, I've ended even more confused, only knowing that MS its BTDC and SD it's ATDC.

What tooth I should remove for a efficient decoding on cranking? As the wiki states, 36-1 and 60-2 aren't CPU intensive, but there is any kind of basic guideline for it? On MS forums there was some kind of guide along the lines of "from TDC, on wheels 60-2 count X amont of tooths and remove those two".

I'm embedding an image to represent my wheel/sensor position if that helps.

The image it's a masterpiece art of M$ paint and the wheel from google images, didn't even count the tooths, but it's for reference.

Thanks in advance to anyone who took the time to read this bible.
Regards,
Alan
Hey @JHolland thanks for the reply.

So, if I didn't understand poorly, I can actually remove any teeth no matter what I only have to count the teeth in counter-clockwise direction until the sensor reaches the first tooth after the missing one?

Saw this post from David viewtopic.php?t=703&start=70#p16744
and if im not wrong, for example, based on the drawing I uploaded, If I remove the fifth tooth (counting the one the sensor it's pointing at) my Trigger Angle would be 40°, right?
yes, in that ballpark. Depends on rising or falling edge. And it is better to think about edges. If you look at the sensor in the image, it is between edges. So it would be around 37.5- 42.5.

What ever you choose, you will be locking the timing, checking with a timing light, and adjusting.

I've been away from playing cars for a few weeks, […]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wo[…]

I uploaded logs and last tune and dyno plots look[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?