Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
Hi all,
I've started a build on my minitruck project (1991 triton) with a speeduino 0.4.4c surface mount board.
I'm a little confused as to which 5v pin and which ground pin to use that correlates to the 1k pull-up resistor when you jump jp4. Or does it not matter?
I'm using a zf cherry hall and want to make sure I get these right before trying to start the car.

Right now I'm using.....
Pin 23 as hall ground
Pin 25 as hall signal
Pin 28 as hall 5v (VCC)

In some of my testing to see if I had a signal, it appeared ok just cranking and checking with a timing light.
But when I did a short tooth logger I got a strange result like the sensor missed a tooth when it shouldn't have. (Theoretically causing a spark to early)
If I try to start the car like this I'm sure it will backfire, as I'm running LPG it's a vapour fuel and can happen really easily. I don't want this to happen.

I'll try and upload a picture of the log. Green is the signal I should be seeing with my 36-1 wheel, red is the extra one that shouldn't be there

Cheers.
Attachments
PXL_20210726_024417235~2.jpg
PXL_20210726_024417235~2.jpg (3.05 MiB) Viewed 4395 times
theonewithin wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:55 pm The wiki covers correct connection of sensors.

Please refer to it.
I have read through the manual and the wiki quite a bit and have not found anything that mentions if it matters which 5v or ground pin you use on the 0.4.4c board for a hall sensor.

Could you point me in the direction of this information about the 0.4 board that will answer my question?

I tried my best to find the information first before posting here.
I have more or less fixed the noisy signal now but I am still unsure/want to be 100% that I have the right pins as there seems to be options 12/13 or 23/28 for getting 5v and ground. Or does it not matter?

Thanks for your help.
By dazq
Check against the schematic to confirm if the pins are joined together or not if you are unsure
By PSIG
AlecBarwa-Bosco wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:11 am… there seems to be options 12/13 or 23/28 for getting 5v and ground. Or does it not matter?
Doesn't matter … much. ;) 5V is on IDC pins 13 and 28. Pick one that's not loaded with heavy users. Ground is available on IDC pins 9, 10, 12 and 23. In this case, we want to separate noisy stuff from sensors, so pick one pin to use only for sensor grounds.

Route the other grounds (Including power ground) separately to a star ground on your engine block (same place you ground other stuff like the WBO2). It is tempting to join the ground wires and run one wire to the block. Don't do that. Verify you have a good heavy ground strap from the engine block to the chassis, and a low-resistance cable connection to the battery. You don't want to load those little ECM wires with a large device that is seeking ground by the easiest path.
PSIG wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:43 pm Doesn't matter … much. ;) 5V is on IDC pins 13 and 28. Pick one that's not loaded with heavy users. Ground is available on IDC pins 9, 10, 12 and 23. In this case, we want to separate noisy stuff from sensors, so pick one pin to use only for sensor grounds.

Route the other grounds (Including power ground) separately to a star ground on your engine block (same place you ground other stuff like the WBO2). It is tempting to join the ground wires and run one wire to the block. Don't do that. Verify you have a good heavy ground strap from the engine block to the chassis, and a low-resistance cable connection to the battery. You don't want to load those little ECM wires with a large device that is seeking ground by the easiest path.
Thankyou
This is what I did, I was just looking for clarification to make sure I was doing the right thing.
This is all new to me.

Now onto the next bug 😂

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?