Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By RayLefley-Hean
I am wanting to put speeduino on my corvair. i have already nade thr throttle bodies and have installed tps cht iat, and fast idle solenoid. I would like to use the distributor points for a tach signal, phase the distributor, and use a chev vortec ignition module to fire the coil. on the microsquirt you can use a 5 volt feed from the pcm and a 1 k pullup resistor across the points to ground and connect to the vr-. would I be able to do the same with the speeduino and if so is there a 5 volt feed on the board i can use, and do i hook it up to vr as well. also what settings would i have to enable in tuner studio. thanks for anfy help Ray. ps. the reason i want to do this is to leave the stock look as much as possible. the throttle bodies are fabricated tops on the orginal carb bottoms and i am hiding the injectors behind the air cleaners.
By RayLefley-Hean
I have read through the wiki. Nowhere do I see a diagram that shows the actual PIN numbers or outputs. Does that come from the place where you buy your board and parts. All I was asking was for a little help. Thanks Ray.
By theonewithin
RayLefley-Hean wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:19 am I have read through the wiki. Nowhere do I see a diagram that shows the actual PIN numbers or outputs. Does that come from the place where you buy your board and parts. All I was asking was for a little help. Thanks Ray.
You did not mention this at all.

You haven't mentioned what Speeduino board you are using.

So how are we to help?
By PSIG
Using a distributor signal is easy. Disconnect the distributor wire at the coil (-) terminal, and connect that wire to the VR1+ input. Set your board for Hall and with pullup jumper on. Done.

With the pullup active on the PCB, the VR1+ input should have a small 5V signal on it. When the points close, they ground the signal and bring the wire to 0V. When the points open again, the wire returns to 5V. Bingo — …0-5-0-5… volt signal. Electronic points conversions work the same way (simple switch to ground) and generally have a cleaner signal.

Points are mechanical and are subject to bounce and noise, so settings will generally begin with using the Rising trigger edge setting, as likely being a cleaner switch. The condenser (capacitor) is typically disconnected, though you may want to reinstall it at the coil on the (+) terminal to ground, for noise suppression.

With the points switching signal, you will now need an ignition coil driver to switch coil power. There are many suitable choices. Have fun!
By RayLefley-Hean
Thank you so much that's exactly what I was asking for. I feel a lot more confident now that this will work for me and I think I'm going to go ahead and get a speedino board. I might ask you a question I noticed there's a version 4 and a version 3 of the board I'm assuming the version 4 is the newest, because this is a very simple system for me, no turbos etc, would it be better to have version 4 or version 3 of the board? your opinion would be helpful thanks very much Ray.
By PSIG
More Wiki reading! The Speeduino boards are just a couple of many board designs available. You need to determine what your project will require, then fit that against the features various boards offer. So, how many injectors? Will the injectors fire separately (how many channels) or together (paired or batch) ? Will they need timing to the cylinders they are injecting into? Do you need real-time barometric corrections, VVT or Boost control? And so on, for everything from sensors to ignition coil type. That sounds more complicated than it is. ;)

The "official" Speeduino boards (v0.3 and v0.4) differ in purpose, with v0.3 (effectively obsolete) for temporary experimental installations (easy to change wiring and setup), and v0.4 for more permanent installations, with a commercial case and various case end plates for different uses (including conversion to v0.3 features). Other board designs from other vendors are available, from micro units to compact 4, 6 or even 8-channel types.

For this project, I wouldn't get too deep or complicated. Assuming a semi-permanent installation, a generic V0.4, NO2C or UA4C (with connectors ;)) should easily and inexpensively handle what you're doing, and more. Unless you're a super-geek, I'd suggest your first one be an assembled unit so you can concentrate on installation, setup and tuning, rather than ECM assembly, testing and possible troubleshooting. Have fun! 8-)
By RayLefley-Hean
Thanks I didn't realize how many other options were available. I was only on the sites that had were to buy from the speeduino homepage. Will do some more research tonight and re read the wiki. I think this will get me styarted in the right direction. Thanks again.Ray.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?