Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By Enriketo
I have been learning about the installation and operation of speeduino for a long time, today I finally finished assembling my 0.4.3 😊 board.

I am trying to check the inputs of the sensors using 10k potentiometers, it seems that tunerstudio recognizes everything well except the two temperature inputs (clt, iat) which are the only ones that do not carry 5v power, They mark a fixed temperature of 21 ° for iat and I think I remember 86 ° for clt.
The selected plate is the correct one in tunerstudio, I have tried to change the configuration with different types of sensors from other brands and it remains the same. Checking it directly to the pins of the arduino mega does not work either and I have erased the memory of this and I have reinstalled the firmware with the same result.

Any idea what the problem may be? Thank you and sorry for the English but I am using the Google translator
By LPG2CV
so, as 'the-one' is saying, for 2 wire iat and clt sensors, it goes out of pins 19, and 20, and the grounds from the sensors are connected to the gnds on the speeduino board. :)

have you calibrated the sensors in speeduino? (TunerStudio)
By Enriketo
LPG2CV wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:09 pm so, as 'the-one' is saying, for 2 wire iat and clt sensors, it goes out of pins 19, and 20, and the grounds from the sensors are connected to the gnds on the speeduino board. :)

have you calibrated the sensors in speeduino? (TunerStudio)
Yes.
It also fails connecting directly to the mega. I have tried different calibrations in tunerstudio without success
By PSIG
I test any issues for basic function on the Mega alone, then the PCB. Try this: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4024&p=43637&#p43637, or this: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4326&p=46251&#p46251, or (same concepts) try this:
PSIG wrote:... More specifically, a powered input (grounded sensor such as IAT, CLT, etc) would use a resistor to ground, mimicking the sensor. E.g., GM calibration grounded with a 330-ohm resistor will read around 80°C. An un-powered input (MAP, TPS, etc) version of this is to jump the unused Mega 3.3V to those inputs through 1k to 10k resistors, which will generally provide reasonable mid-range readings (not pegging or wandering) after creative calibration. E.g., a MAP calibration for an MPX4100A will read about 75kPa. :arrow: In all cases you should calibrate the inputs and verify you read something reasonable.
If no joy, post your tune and calibration settings for sensors.
By Enriketo
PSIG wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:15 am I test any issues for basic function on the Mega alone, then the PCB. Try this: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4024&p=43637&#p43637, or this: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4326&p=46251&#p46251, or (same concepts) try this:
PSIG wrote:... More specifically, a powered input (grounded sensor such as IAT, CLT, etc) would use a resistor to ground, mimicking the sensor. E.g., GM calibration grounded with a 330-ohm resistor will read around 80°C. An un-powered input (MAP, TPS, etc) version of this is to jump the unused Mega 3.3V to those inputs through 1k to 10k resistors, which will generally provide reasonable mid-range readings (not pegging or wandering) after creative calibration. E.g., a MAP calibration for an MPX4100A will read about 75kPa. :arrow: In all cases you should calibrate the inputs and verify you read something reasonable.
If no joy, post your tune and calibration settings for sensors.
I have finished testing with the mega disconnected from the speeduino board.
Before the test I have cleared the mega memory and loaded the firmware again.
When I make a direct bridge it enters a0 and 3.3v I get a value of 10 °.
a1 and 3.3v I get 10 ° of temperature with the gm sensor selected in tunerstudio. It seems that when it has a "good voltage" reference it works as it should.
I think the problem is in the mega because when I check the reference signal in volts between a0-a1 and ground I get 1.3v🤔, shouldn't it have a reading of 3.3 or 5v on a0 and a1 and ground? Thanks.
By PSIG
Enriketo wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:35 pm… When I make a direct bridge it enters a0 and 3.3v I get a value of 10 °. a1 and 3.3v I get 10 ° of temperature with the gm sensor selected in tunerstudio.
Perfect. 8-) So, we know the Mega is reading a specific voltage input correctly. Next is to test the PCB. Install the Mega on the PCB with a known resistance on the CLT or IAT/MAT PCB inputs, in order to verify the PCB and components are providing proper voltage to that input pin that tested as good. In steps for clarity, power-up with USB and:
  • verify calibration on "GM" and burned.
  • Test voltage on the PCB 5V pin for close to 5V.
  • Test CLT input (nothing connected) for close to 5V (provided by bias resistor).
  • Connect 330-ohm resistor from PCB CLT input pin to ground pin, and test for close to 0.585V.
  • Check for CLT of about 80°C in TunerStudio.
If all of these tests are "close" (variable for exact voltages, resistance tolerance, etc), then you're set. If not, begin looking for where they vary for anomalies, such as an incorrect bias resistor value, poor voltage regulation, etc.
Enriketo wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:35 pm I think the problem is in the mega because when I check the reference signal in volts between a0-a1 and ground I get 1.3v🤔, shouldn't it have a reading of 3.3 or 5v on a0 and a1 and ground? Thanks.
Actually, without the PCB bias resistor acting as a pullup, the Mega pin should have a voltage of zero acting as an input. But don't let that sway you, as there are multiple reasons you may see a variable voltage on the input pin, such as stray voltage, meter voltage or capacitance, or pin switching as code cycles, etc. The Mega on my desk reads a bouncy millivolt to 1.2+V on the same pin, and it works fine.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?