Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
What I want to happen is for the wheel speed to be read - and see a spinning wheel vs stationary wheel, to detect slip, then brake or pulse brake the slipping wheels so that the rear and front open diffs can send power to the wheel with traction when slipping.

Do I need additional hardware or anything? I’ve only just heard about speeduino

Car is an outback 2005 2.5i (which didn’t have traction control here until 2009+)
theonewithin wrote:Speeduino has no capability for this at ok and as it will never have DBW support it will never have any decent traction control ability.

You will have to buy an ECU from one of the big players.
Why would I need drive by wire support to read wheel speed and apply brakes? I see a module add on here for speeduino as well, though out of stock
https://koffeecreations.cc/product/trac ... ol-module/
Sounds like a cool project! An ABS-based traction control is rather simple in concept, and could be crated on any Arduino or other processor, controlling the ABS the way you are thinking.

The point of this however, is that Speeduino is intended to control engine functions only, but allow its data to be shared with other devices for other purposes, similar to most modern ECMs (engine control modules) coupled with ECUs (electronic control units). Yours would be an ECU, no different than the body control (BCU) or transmission control unit (TCU), etc.

So, yes, develop your ABS actuator for traction control, and integrate with Speeduino data, but not as part of Speeduino code and control. It's busy with critical engine control functions while yours is busy with critical brake control functions.

You may want to look into the GPIO (DXControl/@dazq) as a basis for your project, as most of the hard work is already done. ;)
PSIG wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:18 pm Sounds like a cool project! An ABS-based traction control is rather simple in concept, and could be crated on any Arduino or other processor, controlling the ABS the way you are thinking.

The point of this however, is that Speeduino is intended to control engine functions only, but allow its data to be shared with other devices for other purposes, similar to most modern ECMs (engine control modules) coupled with ECUs (electronic control units). Yours would be an ECU, no different than the body control (BCU) or transmission control unit (TCU), etc.

So, yes, develop your ABS actuator for traction control, and integrate with Speeduino data, but not as part of Speeduino code and control. It's busy with critical engine control functions while yours is busy with critical brake control functions.

You may want to look into the GPIO (DXControl/@dazq) as a basis for your project, as most of the hard work is already done. ;)
Thanks, I’ll have a look into that
Something to check is if the abs modulator can actually perform the hydraulic switching you need?
The abs on my build came from an OEM vehicle that had traction/stability control as an option. The abs block is different between the two models not just the abs ECU.
another option is to use the knock control to retard timing, it has an analogue input so you could have a secondary board compiling wheel speed and feeding that back, electrical torque control also will respond way faster than a mechanical system

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?