Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
Or could the uninsulated wire in the cable be the ground and that white is just blank? As the cable (twisted pair) consist of a blue, white and uninsulated wires. Then one has a blue outside and the other a black outside insulation.
The uninsulated wire will be a shield , grounded at the ecu pin 12.
Going off the picture the two blue wires should be signal.
The hall sensor should be connected to signal ground as well. You might be able to use the white wires but depends where they are connected already
Thanks for the reply, I had another look closer at the ecu connector and indeed the shield is connected to pin 12.
Could I get away with running the sensor ground via the shield or would you advice running a separate ground wire just like the 5v power wire?

The white wires seem to both be for VR-, could this mean they're probably just grounded? As the VR+ would be the blue wire when using VR sensors. Yet I do not have the VR shield sadly...
I'd keep the shield as is, it's there for noise which shouldn't be an issue with hall but can't hurt to have it anyway.
Since you're not using a vr conditioner the vr- pins might be connected to ground but i cant say for sure, you'd need to get that info from the supplier.
If the white wires aren't connected to anything else at either end I'd just use them and attach to signal ground at the ecu and sensor
Thanks everyone for thinking along and sharing the knowledge, it's been very helpful!

I have just added an external ground for the sensor in the loom and left the white wire intact. In case I'd ever install an VR shield and switch sensors.
By PSIG
I see a lot of guessing in this thread with little sensor documentation or sensor test verification. Would you please post the sensor wiring info? Once that is known, then the connections become clear. ;)
Hello,

This was purely for the ECU side of the wiring. I have mentioned using a Hall sensor and as far as I know and have been taught, a Hall sensor usually consists of 3 wires. A power, a ground and a signal?

As I'm using the GS100701, I'm not bound to a specific pinout as it has lose wires. I did however use a deutsch connector, at pin 1 power, pin 2 signal and pin3 ground. I guess that's just personal preference...

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?