Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
I have a Spitfire that will be fuel injected using BMW motorcycle throttle bodies. I'm using a UA4C Speeduino to control everything. It has been running twin Weber DCOE carbs and MegaJolt wasted spark ignition that uses a ford EDIS module.
So my plan is to get it running on spark only at first (just as it was with the MegaJolt) Then when that was dialed in I would add the fuel side.
The plan was to use the ford coilpack consisting of a pair of dumb coils. I have a Bosch 2 channel 200 ignitor wired in between the UA4c and the coils and I can't get a spark. I've triple checked my wiring and tried every possibility in TunerStudio. Is it possible that my coilpack and ignitor are not compatible? My VR crank sensor is putting out about 5mv when cranking the engine and I believe it is connected to the UA4C correctly. I am going to borrow an oscilloscope this weekend to confirm that the VR sensor is working.
Any advice on how to configure TunerStudio to get this combination working?

Also the 4 Bar MAP sensor on the UA4C isn't included in the list of common sensors in TunerStudio. Does anyone know the values to enter in order to configure it myself?

Thanks
Agreed, always and first post your tune (msq) and log of the issue.
SpitfireBGT wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:37 am… Is it possible that my coilpack and ignitor are not compatible?
Bosch modules have worked fine with Ford EDIS coil packs, and most others. Test your module (info online) and coils just to be sure; but it sounds (with the limited info) like you're not getting rpm. The LEDs on the board and some conditioners aren't there just to look cool — they are for diagnostics. Is the conditioner LED lighting for successful output signal? Do you get an ignition event on your IGN channel LEDs?
SpitfireBGT wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:37 amMy VR crank sensor is putting out about 5mv when cranking the engine and I believe it is connected to the UA4C correctly. I am going to borrow an oscilloscope this weekend to confirm that the VR sensor is working.
5mV is too low for most or all conditioners to recognize. While it could be a bad sensor, it is more likely sensing distance, connection resistance, metal shavings on the sensor tip, or other fault. Worst-case is to add an amplifier to boost the signal into the conditioner. I've heard of other Euro Fords having possibly similar issues, but I don't know if yours is related. Post your test results.
SpitfireBGT wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:37 amAlso the 4 Bar MAP sensor on the UA4C isn't included in the list of common sensors in TunerStudio.
The MPX6400 has the same transfer (curve), so just select that one.

[EDIT] Just for reference, and you can mod this, but here's the typical Bosch driver module wiring to EDIS coils:

Bosch '200' EDIS wiring.png
Bosch '200' EDIS wiring.png (48.66 KiB) Viewed 4004 times
I have it running almost as well as it did on MegaJolt. It is still running on the weber DCOEs My questions are.

On the attached log does my MAP signal look alright? There are some odd dips and spikes that don't seem right to me.

How do I configure the soft and hard rev limiters in Tunerstudio. I've looked in all of the drop down menus and can't figure it out.

There is an annoying backfire with the throttles closed. Will adding or taking out advance make a difference? 18 year old kids like this kind of attention but not me.

Thanks
Attachments
(270.98 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
(70.42 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
you've got locked timing 'on' in your tune file.
your timing is at 0.
Tunerstudio spark table is reading where it is from load index and rpm, and saying where you would be in the table.
it isn't necessarily saying what is actually being commanded.
You don't need help....

You need to do more reading and your own research and learning

You are stuffing up on the very simplest and most basic of things.

Taking a step back and improving your knowledge of basic engine tuning is likely a very good idea

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?