Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By unio
Related, I also have a euro 1.6L 90hp mk1 ('96) but have a generic 0.4.4b speeduino board and a NA Miata 48 pin rev C interface/adapter board. Reading this post I now realized there's differences in pinouts between the mk1 models' 48pin ecus. I'm assuming the adapter board I have converts to the pinout for the early 1.6L 116hp model ('89-94). Should I change the cabling between the speeduino and the adapter board do adapt the pinout as per the table in the first post?

By pani
Unio the only pin that is different is the crank signal. See attached schematics of the connector pins on my 97 1.6 NA EUDM. My car is a P/S no A/C model.
Attachments
20210517_094136.jpg
20210517_094136.jpg (497.46 KiB) Viewed 5487 times
20210517_094155.jpg
20210517_094155.jpg (497.89 KiB) Viewed 5487 times
By unio
Thanks for the pinout, looks to be the same in my '96 1.6

I tried to give it a shot today but after much fiddling I wasn't able to start the car. It cranks but won't turn over.

Just a reminder, I'm using a 0.4.4b board and a 48p interface board.

I shorted 2E to 2F for the crank sensor.
Wideband and IAT (GM) working correctly.

vTPS (Kia), tacho, and fuel pump don't seem to be working.

Fuel pump I set the pin to A9 in settings as per the wiki, but still couldn't get it to prime. To troubleshoot, I grounded the 'F/P' pin in the diagnostic box and was able to hear the pump prime, but still no start.

I noticed the tacho not giving a signal so I set it to pin 49 as per the wiki. However I was unable to find this on my board: "add a jumper to the pins labelled 'Tach' on the board (Just above R56)"

vTPS not working, so I tried to swap gnd and 5v around, no go. I'll try this tomorrow: "if you have a heated rear demister, you may need to remove/cut wire 2L." But tps shouldn't prevent it from starting right?

Do I need to set some jumpers? Should ignition outputs be 12v or 5v ? Does the 1.6 use VR or Hall sensors? https://wiki.speeduino.com/en/boards/V04#jumper-configs

Edit: I solved those issues and I've got the car running great now. I wrote up a guide for people in the same boat as me here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5483

vTPS wasn't working because I needed to wire at the ecu not only the signal, but also 5v (and ground).

Tacho "wasn't working" because it isn't active during cranking anyway. One I got the car actually started the tacho worked.

Ignition needs to be jumpered to 5v. 4 other jumpers worked for me too, see guide there's a photo.
Last edited by unio on Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By iltheo84
So last week I started tinkering with my CORE4 kit, its installation in the car will be my fall/winter project.

I installed the new 202108 firmware and updated the base tune.
I also soldered a second MAP sensor on top of the original one to use as a BARO reference.

While I was setting up TunerStudio, I realized I couldnt find any information on the model of IAT and O2 sensors that are shipped with the bundle PnP kit.

Which preset (or "model") of sensors should I set? :roll:
By iltheo84
pani wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:25 pm IAT use GM sensor and Wideband use 14point7. If it's a black IAT sensor then it's a SAAB sensor.
I got a reply for the DIY EFI guys, telling me to calibrate the IAT as a SAAB (Bosch) sensor and the Wideband as DIY-EFI TinyWB.
By pani
iltheo84 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:00 pm
pani wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:25 pm IAT use GM sensor and Wideband use 14point7. If it's a black IAT sensor then it's a SAAB sensor.
I got a reply for the DIY EFI guys, telling me to calibrate the IAT as a SAAB (Bosch) sensor and the Wideband as DIY-EFI TinyWB.
I got the black SAAB sensor but i did not know there is/was a tiny wb definition in tunerstudio.
By neovin
unio wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:07 am Thanks for the pinout, looks to be the same in my '96 1.6

I tried to give it a shot today but after much fiddling I wasn't able to start the car. It cranks but won't turn over.

Just a reminder, I'm using a 0.4.4b board and a 48p interface board.

I shorted 2E to 2F for the crank sensor.
Wideband and IAT (GM) working correctly.

vTPS (Kia), tacho, and fuel pump don't seem to be working.

Fuel pump I set the pin to A9 in settings as per the wiki, but still couldn't get it to prime. To troubleshoot, I grounded the 'F/P' pin in the diagnostic box and was able to hear the pump prime, but still no start.

I noticed the tacho not giving a signal so I set it to pin 49 as per the wiki. However I was unable to find this on my board: "add a jumper to the pins labelled 'Tach' on the board (Just above R56)"

vTPS not working, so I tried to swap gnd and 5v around, no go. I'll try this tomorrow: "if you have a heated rear demister, you may need to remove/cut wire 2L." But tps shouldn't prevent it from starting right?

Do I need to set some jumpers? Should ignition outputs be 12v or 5v ? Does the 1.6 use VR or Hall sensors? https://wiki.speeduino.com/en/boards/V04#jumper-configs
for fuel pump and tacho, have you added a uln chip for extra outputs and added the 12v pullup resistor for tach signal?
What is your tps reading, even if you have none connected it could be showing a position that is open therefore speeduino will be in flood clear mode (no fuel/spark)
Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Doesn't look like you can edit posts? Correct. […]

BMW E23 M30B28

Don't forget, you can always fall-back to the &[…]

The basetunes were on so old version that they did[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?