Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By Dr1v3r11
Ready to order the hardware for my first speeduino build. Looks like I'll be able to use Jonbill MR2 set up as a guide. That's pretty cool I must say.
My main concern at the beginning here is finding the best place to buy the hardware from. I am in Texas and it seems like nowhere where I look on the internet everyone has long shipping times for anything speeduino.
Does anyone know of a legitimate eBay seller or U.S. domestic website I can buy the parts from?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated in procuring parts. :)
By Chris Wolfson
There are no legitimate sellers of Speeduino shields for the Arduino, as it is free.
Noting like this complicated license and "you have to buy a processor from me" stuff that was erected around MeagSquirt, when the initiators decided to make profit from a first open / free / whatever project.
So you can buy any Speeduino compatible board.

If you know how to solder really well, the source of a very good board are you and DIYS: Get a good through hole PCB and order the parts at a seller of real parts (real = opposite of fake) like Digikey. There are shopping lists you can copy and paste. You should be done for about 100 US$. No adjusting or complicated procedures.

As that, what makes it the Speeduino, it is a quite simple design and ordinary parts, right now there seem to be a lot of working boards out there on eBay. If you look at the forum, it seems quality of self soldered boards and the in car installation are the main problems. The quality of ready made boards seems not to be critical.

This might change quite fast, when our Chinese friends start selling copied boards. Usually they save on parts and quality until the best design is for the waste bin. Maybe they loose their face if they sell something of value to the West. Just a guess.

Please add the cost for a wide band Lambda probe and controller. Don´t even consider to "just try without in the beginning." Include it into the projects price. Best and cheapest: 14point7 in Canada. You need no visible gauge, it is integrated in Tuner Studio software. Buy the Bosch sensor from there, not a fake eBay one that lasts only 20 minutes. About 100$.
That is next on the list. TS. If you are a real expert or pro in setting up tunes,of ECU´s, you might get away with the free version. If not,the auto-tune functions starting at 60$ are a must, better spend 100$ for the full blown package. The less you know, the more help you need. Don´t get me wrong, even then there is more to learn than many will like!
So, if you really go for the lowest level and solder your self, you should be done with 250$. Next car will only need the board!

Hope that helps
By PSIG
Dr1v3r11 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:13 pm… Does anyone know of a legitimate eBay seller or U.S. domestic website I can buy the parts from?
If you go to the forum's Where To Buy link, you should have good success with those trusted vendors. While Speeduino is open in its availability and free to use the information and designs, it is under a series of licenses that must be adhered-to. That said and sadly, not all abide by those requirements. The vendors at that link definitely do. 8-)

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?