Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By Andrea Beraldo
Hi all I took the darlington uln2803a to control the pump relay on my v4.4b board but I can't get the 5v signal to drive the transistor.
When the pump turns on the PIN16 of the proto area is shorted to ground, but if I have to put a transistor, what sense does this have?
Does this mean that the PIN16 on this card is high current?
From output 45 of arduino come out 5 volts and I would not like to wildly solder a wire on this pin.
Thanks for the reply in advance !!!
By Chris Wolfson
The fuel pump pin supplies a relay with ground, you have to supply 12V+ to the other side of the relay coil. if I got it all correct. You should not need an additional transistor in the proto area.
Take care to ground connections from battery to engine, chassis and ECU. If you got any (unknown) problem there, nothing else will work as expected. The first thing I do on any install is to improve grounding, even as anything seemed to work. Often ground problems go for years unnoticed.
By PSIG
Andrea Beraldo wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:19 pm Hi all I took the darlington uln2803a to control the pump relay on my v4.4b board but I can't get the 5v signal to drive the transistor.
When the pump turns on the PIN16 of the proto area is shorted to ground, but if I have to put a transistor, what sense does this have?
Does this mean that the PIN16 on this card is high current?
From output 45 of arduino come out 5 volts and I would not like to wildly solder a wire on this pin.
Thanks for the reply in advance !!!
Correct. Using the link for ULN2803 info posted by @LPG2CV, you can see that when Mega pin 45 (at the proto area) goes HIGH, the output from the ULN on connector IDC16 goes low (grounds), with about 0.5-amp capacity. This is more than enough capacity to ground a relay for operation.

As others have stated, the relay would be supplied with VBAT to one control terminal, and connected to IDC16 on the other, in order to energize and operate the relay coil to switch the relay load. An example of your setup could be as below. The question that @theonewithin stated is why you want to use a ULN in the proto area when the v0.4.4b board already has a transistor for this purpose?

FP_relay_wiring_option_ULN.png
FP_relay_wiring_option_ULN.png (32.4 KiB) Viewed 3943 times
By Andrea Beraldo
Ok I had the doubt because on the wiki I did not find information regarding my specific card.
And what about the tachometer does a PWM signal come out?
Can I attach the PIN17 directly to the instrument cluster of my E36?
MAP LOOKUP & TS DEFINITIONS

See how the write commands use the identifiers to […]

Ok, I feel so stupid. I was running the Uno output[…]

Let's all have a laugh for second. There's trash[…]

It has been done more than a few times, there was […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?