Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
Hello,

I've just bought an UA4C for my Nissan Primera with an SR20VE engine and I am ditching my old ECU, which is a clone of a VEMS ecu, which gave me nothing but problems overall.

I am building my own harness from scratch and I have almost finished designing stage, but I have a few questions in my mind, I hope someone has the patience to reply all.

1 - The engine has two on - off solenoids for VVL, which activate at different RPMs (lets say, 5300 rpm for solenoid 1, 6000 rpm for solenoid 2). I am not sure which two outputs to use to activate these solenoids at its dedicated rpms. Also, do you think that I should trigger relays with those outputs or wire the outputs directly to the solenoid negatives ?

2 - Since having many sync issues with the Nissan 360 disc, I just bought the AEM 24 - 1 trigger disc (photo attached) but I could not find the Tuner Studio settings for that disc. I attached a photo of my estimations but I am not sure if I am right.

3 - I also have an AEM V2 Water Methanol kit with multi input controller and I want to arm the controller when RPMs are above let's say, 3000. Should I use the nitrous output to do so ? Also I am thinking of providing the PWM signal based on injector duty, so I think I should splice the signal wire from one of the injectors near the injector plug (or maybe at the ECU connector) , am I right ?

4 - I have a PLX wideband and a PLX EGT sensor which have 0 - 5v analog outputs for aftermarket ECU's. I will be connecting the wideband signal to Speeduino O2 terminal, do you think that I can wire the EGT 0 - 5v output to Speeduino and get EGT readings ? If yes, how should I do it ?

5 - I will be using one fan output of the Speeduino to control my radiator fans but I also have a radiator and cooling fan for my transmission, do you think it is possible to get a reading from its dedicated temperature sensor and make Speeduino control the on- off for that fan with the second fan output ?

Thank you in advance..

Can.
Attachments
Ekran Görüntüsü (1).png
Ekran Görüntüsü (1).png (454.7 KiB) Viewed 2755 times
aem.jpg
aem.jpg (5.29 KiB) Viewed 2755 times
Firstly you need to load the correct ini file - the one in your screenshot is clearly not from speeduino.

Next you need to load the base tune, and check all of the settings are correct for your engine one by one.

The trigger pattern for 24-1 is the 'missing tooth' pattern.

You can probably switch on solendoids using either the VVC table or the programmable outputs config. I have little experience with either so someone else is probably better to comment.
Have a read on the wiki about aux inputs and programmable outputs as this will enable you to achieve what you are looking at for your egt and additional temp inputs.
Then you can setup the programmable outputs to trigger either spare HC outputs or LC outputs to relays as needed.

24-1 has been used many times and as mentioned above set on missing tooth(with the correct ini.)
HolyLight wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:05 pm… I just bought the AEM 24 - 1 trigger disc (photo attached) but I could not find the Tuner Studio settings for that disc.
Hey, Can. That wheel is a 24/1, not a 24-1, and would use Dual Wheel set for 12/1 (cam-speed equivalent). Use of the dash "-" or slash "/" is important. IOW, it has no missing teeth, but does have a separate cycle pulse (two sensors, two signals - two "wheels").

Agreed, the AUX I/O (coupled with stuff like VVT Table, Fan-Out, etc) will be your friend for the other questions.

http://i.imgur.com/jcGk3A4.gif

Always going to be one, I have completed 3 convers[…]

Do i have to do something in arduino software ? i […]

STM32 development

Not yet, I have been too busy to look into it but […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?