Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
Hi, I have a 1989 TOYOTA Hilux 22RE 2.4 L (2366cc) 4WD, EFI injection, (not california version , lambda sensor only pre catalytic converter) I've rebuilt it from new engine personally. I've Factory Service Manual with all detailed specs, I know the system very well, and the only thing i need to use speeduino is a crank position sensor, I've sow various solution as a circle teeth appliable on the main pulley of the main rod, on oem there is a sign to indicate the TDC advance settings. Other need sensor is the air temp intake sensor and barometric sensor (i think).
All other sensor are on the stock system, Mass Air Flow meter, tps on the throttle body, lambda sensor, coolant temp, oil temp, injector wire control.
My project is to convert to Coil on plug system, but i dont know from or how start it.
My interest in speeduino is for precision control of air fuel ratio and in future to swap the system adding a TURBO.
Another issue is how I can connect the OEM wire harness to Speeduino? There is plastic connector can help to do this.
Thank You for help.
What type of speeduino board I need? I think the last ?
Nick
By dazq
You can delete the maf d speedy doesn't need it.
You will need a crank trigger wheel and a cam position trigger too.

As was suggested , please read and re-read the wiki it will answer a lot of your worries.

Regards board choice it is very much a personal one but for a permanent install it is not recommended to use a screw terminal type like the 3x series.

To wire to the OEM harness, many get an old ECU ,and remove the socket to reuse, or gut the old case and install the speedy into the OEM case.
By stum
I have had great success with one of these on my Toyota Camry. I would say your Hilux will be a simular/same

https://wtmtronics.com/product/ss-obd1

And I 3d printed a box for it once all together. works sweet.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=7480

download/file.php?mode=view&id=7479
Attachments
NewBox1.jpg
NewBox1.jpg (2.11 MiB) Viewed 2113 times
NewBits.jpg
NewBits.jpg (2.31 MiB) Viewed 2113 times

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?