Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By Black Knight
I have a registered version of TS MS v3.0.28 and would like to set up a Target AFR gauge or some kind of singular digital display so I can see target AFR clearly when doing auto tune.

Or is this only available in the Ultra version of TS?

Is this possible? And if so, how do I make it work?

My tuning is getting good enough that if I could see the target AFR alongside my O2 gauge I can better judge when I'm hitting target.

Thanks in advance.

Black Knight
By Broke4speed
Right click on any existing gauge, go to 'Main', and choose target AFR.

If you want to add a gauge, choose 'designer mode' and then right click again to select 'dashboard designer'.
By Black Knight
Broke4speed wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:09 am Right click on any existing gauge, go to 'Main', and choose target AFR.

If you want to add a gauge, choose 'designer mode' and then right click again to select 'dashboard designer'.
Thanks Broke4speed.

I will take a look again, but I'm sure I've been on that section of designer mode and didn't find it.

Maybe I need to update my MS version to a new one or maybe I need TS Ultra.

Our tuning techniques are finally getting good enough that being able to see both AFR and AFR Target at the same time would be a huge help. I also want to put a video together with these gauges and some instructions on how to get to this level of tuning to help others. The gauges would be a big asset to this video.

Thanks for your input.

Black Knight
By PSIG
You don't need Ultra, and selecting Dashboard Designer is correct. You can create any type and size gauge by Adding a gauge, then set Properties for it. Change colors and such if you like.

For something like a reference gauge (one that is set to see by a glance, rather than "reading" it), bar gauges work well. Used like this, one gauge can be stacked and compared to another easily. While there can be increments if you like, the idea is only to quickly judge if one is generally and consistently offset to the other, and by about how much.

See the example below, where the horizontal bar gauges are set to span AFR 10 to 20. The AFR is at about 14:1 and AFR Target is at about 15:1. After only a few minutes of use, you can easily judge the offset for changes without increments. If you want to know more than that, look at your logs. ;)

David

AFR_TGT_comp_gauge.png
AFR_TGT_comp_gauge.png (20.28 KiB) Viewed 5188 times
By Black Knight
PSIG wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:38 am You don't need Ultra, and selecting Dashboard Designer is correct. You can create any type and size gauge by Adding a gauge, then set Properties for it. Change colors and such if you like.

For something like a reference gauge (one that is set to see by a glance, rather than "reading" it), bar gauges work well. Used like this, one gauge can be stacked and compared to another easily. While there can be increments if you like, the idea is only to quickly judge if one is generally and consistently offset to the other, and by about how much.

See the example below, where the horizontal bar gauges are set to span AFR 10 to 20. The AFR is at about 14:1 and AFR Target is at about 15:1. After only a few minutes of use, you can easily judge the offset for changes without increments. If you want to know more than that, look at your logs. ;)

David

AFR_TGT_comp_gauge.png

Thanks as usual David.

I had an older version of TS and speedy firmware so all I had to do was upgrade.
Mine was about a year old and did not have the option that I could find.
Now it is easy. I stacked my O2 gauge over the AFR gauge then under it all is my EGT gauge.
Now I have one glance to see most of the data needed to see what is happening with my tune.
I set the O2 and AFR gauge up so the needles line up with each other so I can see when I hit target.

I will be placing these stack gauges on the TS auto tune page next too the VE table.

Just got it done so I will need to hold off testing until tomorrow. AARRGGG
I want to do it now!!!!! HEHEHEHE

Found some very nice changes to the firmware.

All the changes to the firmware are just great.

I am finally at the point that this is just plain old fun.

Thanks again to all here.

Black Knight

Had it running for a short period again. Same as […]

Ok, here is the first version of the adapter plate[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

don't load your old tune in case it is corrupted[…]

Yes, totally wrong setting. Slight noise in TPS ca[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?