Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By pkallesoe
Hello,
I'm having a bit of headache in finding the right way to deal with ignition.
I have an Yamaha R1, from 1999. Currently stock with carbs and not-COP. There is a "well-known" mod to convert to COP, but through my diving into speeduino discovered that a lot of motorcycle COP are dumb. Apparently I an igniter if speeduino is going to handle the ignition. I got the cam sensor sorted, but I have no idea of which igniter to use or do this properly.
The COP I've bought just to do the conversion, are from an zx10r, mitsubishi. Some say Denso's are better. But both of them are "dumb" - Only two connections. Since is a bike, I my "room" is limit. What could be a good option in this case?
I've briefly looked a car COPs, but them seem way to long.
By panpan
@pkallesoe,

As LPG2CV says, any car based Bosch type ignition module will do the trick. I used the VW/Audi 4x1 channel one for a sequential project, but you can pair the inputs to make a 2x2 output like wasted spark, or buy a 2 channel driver for wasted spark.

You can also buy ignition driver chips and make your own PCB etc too...but for ease of use, the Bosch 211 style is the way to go. You can search" 0227100211" or "Bosch Ignition Module" on google or eBay too

https://www.bosch-motorsport-shop.com.a ... ule-bim211

Mike
By PSIG
alexands wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:36 pm I'm switching over from a Megasquirt. Will a QuadSpark work as well as the Bosch 211?
Yes. Speeduino can control almost all kinds of coil drivers ("ignitors"), both OEM and aftermarket, external or internal to the coil(s). The QuadSpark is based on four BIP373 transistors in a box. Note the use of those specific transistors can limit damage if incorrect initial settings are used, but that function can also limit the coil power that can be applied for that one-time safeguard. Keep that in-mind for what rpm range and type of coils you will drive with it on your project. ;)

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?