Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By buttkinz
Hi peeps, have been in the market for an ecu for my '91 JDM mitsubishi gto twin turbo and found a post from last year that the speeduino supports the 3000gt cam angle sensor from a 2017 firmware!

Iv searched the forum but dont seem to have found anyone whos done it before, im well versed in electronics and have built a few arcade machines using the raspberry pi platform successfully, id love to build one of the speeduino's into the gto instead of having to go down the stanard route of EMS/haltech etc.

Anyway lol, my question is, since i know nothing so far yet, has anyone confirmed that it will work on a v6 turbo? the idea it works with the 3000gt#s weird cam sensor sounds awfully promising whic his the usual stumbling block for the 6g72 engines :)

thank!

Alex
By dazq
Not sure if anyone has used that specific decoder yet but there are several v6 and turbocharged engine running with speeduino :-)
By buttkinz
That's great news, I think I'm going to order a full set of everything needed and spend a few days reading up on speeduino, I'm really stoked someone came up with the idea of open source ECU's. If I can manage to get it working on a 3000gt then there are a tonne of others who will be able to use it on theirs :D any beginner advice I might need or is it just a case of reading through the guides and videos and cracking on?
By noisymime
There was a tonne of work done on this 6g72 pattern last month, thought it's yet to be tested on a car currently. If you're wanting to test it out, you will need the June '18 firmware as the others before then WILL have issues.

I'm very keen to hear any feedback on this one and will happily work with you to get this one right if you're wanting to give it a go.
By buttkinz
Thanks noisy, that's much appreciated, I will be sorting out a kit and sensors this week so will keep you informed on how it's going, iv already sourced a spare ECU for simplified wiring, having it plug and play allows me to drive the car normally on its ECU and keep working on the speeduino in my spare time easily. Amazing news that works been done on the 6g72, I thought I was stuck with the usual EMS system, definitely seems something I'd rather get my teeth into this.
By buttkinz
full kit ordered today, il get it built and tested asap, does anyone know if i will need the vr conditioner board for this cas sensor? cheers :)
By noisymime
buttkinz wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:42 pm full kit ordered today, il get it built and tested asap, does anyone know if i will need the vr conditioner board for this cas sensor? cheers :)
No, these are a hall/optical setup, so no VR required.
By buttkinz
fantastic, il update once iv built and tested the board, just waiting for diy-efi to finish his holidays and ship it over :) meanwhile il start designing a harness and working out what essentials il need to start
By RobFurniss
How did you get on with the crank decoder for the 3000gt?
I have a Mitsi fto 6a12 which looks to have very similar crank sensor aand trigger wheel - 3 blade, plus cam sensor on one of the 4 camshafts.
Interested to know if this should work with mine.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?