Anything not specifically related to the Speeduino hardware. Eg sensors, bluetooth, displays etc
By sevtix
Hi Guys.

I hooked up the speeduino no2c and a dsc vr from wtmtronics.com but the vr conditioner is struggling with noise from the sensor and the software filtering is crap.

So how can I eliminate the noise of a sensor?
Are there any simple possibilities eg. to add a pulldown/up resistor or a capacitor ?
I wanna "flat out" the noise between the pulses :(

What are your ideas?

Thanks so much for your help!
Severin

By sevtix
Actually at the time of measurement, neither the spark plug/coil nor the speeduino was connected.
I measured this signal directly on the VR sensor and disconnected everything to eliminate the problem
I think the vr conditioner is too sensitive.
Even if I kick very slowly (about 300rpm), the pulse from the vr is getting recognized, which wouldnt be necessary at all.
I would like to lower the sensitivity of the conditioner somehow!

My vr conditioner: https://wtmtronics.com/product/dsc-dual ... tioner-vr/

Thanks so much guys!
By PSIG
Please post a tooth log of the noise issue.
Please define "struggling", as it would affect how we might deal with it.

Also, the signal should be clean from the sensor, so is it possible other factors or devices are contributing the noise? We prefer to address the source of the noise, rather than a "fix" to compensate, whenever possible.

Without that info I don't like to toss generic hit-and-miss workarounds out, so let's look at that info first to try for a solid solution.
By sevtix
Hi !

Even when idling, vr signals are counted twice or more and driving/revving is not possible without software filtering. With higher rpm it becomes more and more difficult and software filtering also fails.
And as I said, the measurement was directly on the vr sensor without any accessories.
I have partial success with a small resistance value (22Ohms) between VR+ and VR- of the sensor. So I "scale" the volts down and thus also noise.
But the noise to signal ratio stays approx the same :(

What u mean by "Tooth Log" ?

Thanks so much guys

Here with 22Ohm resistor between VR + and - directly at the sensor @ the exact same RPM as above:
By sevtix
Unfortunately I just have the TunerStudio Lite Version! So no high speed logging :(

1. I hooked up my VR sensor with and without the resistor in between. Without software filtering its still unusable and in idle the rpm goes from the correct rpm to random 10k rpm and everything between.
2. I measured the output of the VR conditioner board and found out that the conditioner works perfectly (with the vr sensor resistor a little bit better)

So I think my arduino pin is just broken and does detect random pulses!
What do you think?

vr conditioner output to speeduino (with resistor):

and without resistor:
By DStage
To my eye the SNR with resistor is worse not better, and to be honest I wouldn't call it bad in your first plot and as you've shown the conditioner is perfectly fine with it. This is measured at Arduino pin or the conditioner output? Maybe you've got broken trace (or solder joint etc.) that now acts like a capacitor and only passes high frequencies.

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?