Anything not specifically related to the Speeduino hardware. Eg sensors, bluetooth, displays etc
By Anarklla
Hi,
First i want to thank everyone for the help we can get everyday from the speeduino team, it's a great community and such an awesome piece of technology that we can get our hand on thanks to this awesome team.

I can't seem to find any tutorial for setting up an oled or lcd display next to an arduino ECU.
I read a lot about this, but i can only find some guy who share the code for their project.
I'm confused about where to start what to buy and how to setup any display.
The easy way is a Bluetooth android tablet or Windows tablet, but a would like to setup a permanent oled display on my car.

If someone can link me tutorials that can help understand everything i need to, it would be very helpful!

I like the nextion display, its seems to be easier because it already have the controller and the communication is easy to setup between the arduino and the display

Thank you!
By dazq
There is no tutorial as it's not a simple plug it in and it works thing!
There are several threads on here of peoples work.
You must use a coprocessor of some kind to link to speedy to pull the data for the screen.
Even with a nextion you need a coprocessor.

Read the wiki about secondary serial as this explains all you need to use the serial3 port on speedy.
If you are using a teensy or stm32 based speedy you can also get the data via the canbus port. Again this is explained in the wiki.
By Anarklla
Okay thank you, i think i will go with the netxion display, did not have not much time too look into what i'll need and how to do this, even with the wiki its still very confused in my mind, i need to dig into this even more
By FelipeGaspari
I'm about to upload my display dash project to Github. It is based on STM32F411 and it supports up to 5 display( two i2c and three SPI) and several 7segment displays, with 25 fps. I'm in the process of writing the Docs, as i'm planning on making it easy, cheap and cool looking. Let me know if you are interested, I could use some feedback
By Mr_Hypnotic
FelipeGaspari wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:31 pm I'm about to upload my display dash project to Github. It is based on STM32F411 and it supports up to 5 display( two i2c and three SPI) and several 7segment displays, with 25 fps. I'm in the process of writing the Docs, as i'm planning on making it easy, cheap and cool looking. Let me know if you are interested, I could use some feedback
That sounds like a fun project! I am interested in taking a look at it.
By DStage
I'm also working on an adaptation of the Ardugaguge project to a form of 52mm gauge. Below you can see the latest iteration that includes 41 RGB LEDs at the circumference for "analogue" display, small OLED in the middle and knock sensor circuit. It is based on Arduino Pro Micro and would only require few changes to Ardugage program for basic functionality. I have also prepared an adapter for round 1.28" round LCD as they became quite cheap however until I actually test it I'm not sure if Arduino will be fast enough (LCD is 240x240xRGB in resolution). It may need something from 32bit realm in such case.
I'm also oen for suggestions and help with SW etc. ;-)

I wanted to order it already from JLCPCB but I postponed it too much and now the knock IC is out of stock :?
Attachments
Ardugauge 52 concept 2A.PNG
Ardugauge 52 concept 2A.PNG (393.42 KiB) Viewed 7219 times
Ardugauge 52 concept 2B.PNG
Ardugauge 52 concept 2B.PNG (222.28 KiB) Viewed 7219 times
By boroko
..upload my display dash project to Github. It is based on STM32F411...
I'm also interested in getting a display working, but not been exposed to STM's. Been playing with Teensy's so I hope I can get up to speed. Any advancement on this front is welcome.
By FranKrause
I see this is an old thread, but I've been working on my own mix of an OLED display for the Speeduino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDLFMiGNCLA

https://github.com/73Volvo/ardugaugeFK

Right now, I'm working on a version that works as a trip computer with MPG, trip odometer, and has some way to remember them between power-offs. I've also fiddled a bit with a circular 1.28" TFT touchscreen, which has been fun. I've been using the serial communication numbers from the Ardugauge code, which I hope is okay. Is there some place to find some master list of variables and commands for communication via serial & bluetooth with the Speeduino?
By dazq
FranKrause wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:05 pm I see this is an old thread, but I've been working on my own mix of an OLED display for the Speeduino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDLFMiGNCLA

https://github.com/73Volvo/ardugaugeFK

Right now, I'm working on a version that works as a trip computer with MPG, trip odometer, and has some way to remember them between power-offs. I've also fiddled a bit with a circular 1.28" TFT touchscreen, which has been fun. I've been using the serial communication numbers from the Ardugauge code, which I hope is okay. Is there some place to find some master list of variables and commands for communication via serial & bluetooth with the Speeduino?
Yes lookup secondary serial aka serial3 in the wiki, explains all

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?