Anything not specifically related to the Speeduino hardware. Eg sensors, bluetooth, displays etc
By rowdy235
Hey guys! New here but been lurking around for quite a while. I'm currently doing a project more for fun than anything else, putting a Speeduino on a chainsaw!

I am working to try to come up with a crank position sensor, which is proving to not be an easy feat. My current plan was to mount 12 evenly spaced magnets (well 11 actually for the 12-1 pattern) around the flywheel and use a hall effect sensor (probably a 3144) to be a pickup.

My questions are, has anybody ever had a similar setup or seen one working? Also, will it matter that the magnets are not the same width as the area between them? ( To visualiuze, |||||||o|||||||o|||||||o||||||| would be the surface of the flywheel with o's as mangets)

Thanks in advance!
By PSIG
^^ This. The days of "flying magnets" are long gone, and most automotive sensors are magnetically biased, so they can read plain ferrous metal targets. For descriptions, read here and here for examples. Have fun!

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?