Anything not specifically related to the Speeduino hardware. Eg sensors, bluetooth, displays etc
I have done a search - honest! I can't find anything relevant so here goes with my wifi problems.

I'm running 2008-08 on a fresh board (not connected to the car, sat on the desk infront of me). Its powered by USB off my laptop hub. Tunerstudio connects via serial without issue.

I've got an esp8266. I've loaded esp-link. I've wired it to pins 14 and 15 on the arduino. If i connect to esp-link via its console webpage I can press A or R and get a garbage of data back from speeduino (i'm assuming as the data is hex so the garbage means its working). If i telnet from the PC running tuner studio to port 23 of the esp8266 I also get the same data.
Real dash on 4 attempts to connect produced this - A$├═>zd*)'↕░♥xd$A►'├═>yd+(·░♥xd#A§7├╠?zd:*(↕░♥yd%A∟6├═>yd9+(↕░♥xd&

I think i've therefore proved (if the data is valid) the esp8266 is pumping out the serial data over wifi.

However tuner studio, real dash and msdriod all refuse to connect.

The ESP is setup to be IP 192.168.68.128. I'm connecting on port 23. The baud rate is 115200. To ensure i don't cook the ESP board its running on an adaptor that converts 5v to 3.3v (not necessarily this one, its a picture of a random one i've quickly found).https://www.amazon.co.uk/SODIAL-ESP8266 ... B07DXPXF1Y

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers, Mike
Along with baud, you also need to ensure setting 8 data bits, no parity and 1 stop bit. I haven't tried it myself, but I'm one of the MSDroid devs and I've got an 8266 arriving soon so I can add it to my newly purchased Core4 ECU from diy-efi.co.uk :) I wrote the TCP support in MSDroid years ago when I had a dodgy WiFi/RS232 adapter to play with, but it was never a happy combination due to it buffering data before it passed it through. I'm hoping to get something sensible out of 8266/esp-link.
I've got a esp8266 which is plugged into the 5v adaptor board as per the link earlier. This then has 4 connectors, +ve, gnd, tx and rx.

I've got +v going to the arduino 5v pin, GND going to the GND pin next to it. TX to 15 and RX to 14.

In an attempt to capture the start up serial in case it showed something interesting I tried powering the 8266 from a different supply. However i didn't see anything different so have put it back to being powered by the speeduino arduino mega board.

The arduino mega is powered by USB.

On the grounds I'm using the arduino mega power and ground i think that covers your ground question.

Having left the arduino and 8266 running for a while I've collected the following data. As I started this I used speedyloaded to load the latest version of the code. What i'm struggling with is seeing "Speeduino csx02019.8" as that doesn't match the version i'm running.
Code: Select all
*,.3*,.3*,.3*,.3*,.3*,.3*,.3*,.3*,.3*,.3*,.3*,.31/4�yd)Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8n2K7/��@zd10�yd*Speeduino csx02019.8n2K78��@zd<6�yd/Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8A@/��?zd13'�yd-Speeduino 2019.08-serA@0��?zd33'�*n2K@9��>zd=+'�xd&*,.3A�6��B{d97P�zd0*,.3n2K�>��B{dE<I�zd5
miker wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:15 pm I've got a esp8266 which is plugged into the 5v adaptor board as per the link earlier. This then has 4 connectors, +ve, gnd, tx and rx.

I've got +v going to the arduino 5v pin, GND going to the GND pin next to it. TX to 15 and RX to 14.

In an attempt to capture the start up serial in case it showed something interesting I tried powering the 8266 from a different supply. However i didn't see anything different so have put it back to being powered by the speeduino arduino mega board.

The arduino mega is powered by USB.

On the grounds I'm using the arduino mega power and ground i think that covers your ground question.

Having left the arduino and 8266 running for a while I've collected the following data. As I started this I used speedyloaded to load the latest version of the code. What i'm struggling with is seeing "Speeduino csx02019.8" as that doesn't match the version i'm running.
Code: Select all
*,.3*,.3*,.3*,.3*,.3*,.3*,.3*,.3*,.3*,.3*,.3*,.31/4�yd)Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8n2K7/��@zd10�yd*Speeduino csx02019.8n2K78��@zd<6�yd/Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8Speeduino csx02019.8A@/��?zd13'�yd-Speeduino 2019.08-serA@0��?zd33'�*n2K@9��>zd=+'�xd&*,.3A�6��B{d97P�zd0*,.3n2K�>��B{dE<I�zd5
csx2019.8 is the version sent by the "canserial" code i.e. the secondary serial interface. If you are trying to connect TunerStudio to that (serial 3 on a mega) than that won't work as not all of the commands or data are supported. You need to connect to serial 0.
As ric355 says, you are connected to serial3.
TS won't connect to that as the protocol is slightly different.
Real dash has been tested when connected directly so should work ok.
See the wiki for more info on "secondary serial" as it explains how to use the data.
So now I am confused. As I understood it (I now guess wrongly) you could connect tunerstudio via WiFi. I'd taken it that this was via serial 3. Do I have to do some magic via the Arduino usb port to achieve this? Any suggestions on the direction to take would be appreciated.

What is confusing still is real dash won't connect via the WiFi (serial 3) connection. Any suggestion on what I need to do to investigate? I'm guessing pi dash will be similar (I picked real dash out of convenience to get something working before picking my final solution).

Nb i had read the wiki on secondary serial, is assumed tuner studio / real dash etc had all implemented the protocol. This is the bit from the wiki that left me that impression (and still does) that tuner studio should work.
A Simple Serial Port

A Serial port offers ,

Retrieve the current realtime data in full from Speeduino . This is the same data as sent to TunerStudio.
miker wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:46 am So now I am confused. As I understood it (I now guess wrongly) you could connect tunerstudio via WiFi. I'd taken it that this was via serial 3. Do I have to do some magic via the Arduino usb port to achieve this? Any suggestions on the direction to take would be appreciated.

What is confusing still is real dash won't connect via the WiFi (serial 3) connection. Any suggestion on what I need to do to investigate? I'm guessing pi dash will be similar (I picked real dash out of convenience to get something working before picking my final solution).

Nb i had read the wiki on secondary serial, is assumed tuner studio / real dash etc had all implemented the protocol. This is the bit from the wiki that left me that impression (and still does) that tuner studio should work.
A Simple Serial Port

A Serial port offers ,

Retrieve the current realtime data in full from Speeduino . This is the same data as sent to TunerStudio.
I suspect the key fact you have not spotted is that when TunerStudio uses the USB port, it connects to the Arduino via a USB to serial converter chip which is part of the Mega, and therefore when TS connects over USB it is ultimately connecting to Serial 0. Pins D0(rx0) and D1(tx0). So connect to those pins instead of 14 and 15 and it should work.

Regarding the secondary serial - its says it is the same data (why wouldn't it be right?) but it does not say the protocol is the same. It is a subset of the TS protocol and actually a subset of the data too these days.

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?