Anything not specifically related to the Speeduino hardware. Eg sensors, bluetooth, displays etc
By noisymime
Support for all 3 wires on these valves has been added and bench tested as working well. It is definitely better than with the resistor, really quite smooth, and from what I can see has a usable range from about 10% to 90% duty cycle, which is very good (I've seen other setups where it can be limited to 30%-75%).

On the v0.3 board, the default outputs are on Q6 and Q8, aka S2 and S4 on the screw terminals
On the v0.4 board, the default outputs are on Idle and Boost.

I have a few questions for anyone who has used these valves with other ECUs...
  • Is a smooth humming / buzzing when operating normal for them? I find the valve is smoothest when running around 160Hz with a reasonable even hum. At 120Hz its still smooth, but more of a buzz, lower in pitch. At something like 60Hz its just terrible
  • What is the expected behaviour off idle? Should they be fully open or fully closed or just remaining at their last set value?
Happy to assist if anyone out there wants to test
By androidcho
For the humming, I can say - yes, it's normal and on BMW M50 it can be heared when you turn the key, it starts buzzing. One diffrence between Speeduino and the Bosch Motronic is that the Motronic sets the position of the valve when the key is turned to contact, not when some cranking rpm's are seen.
My 50 cents..
By edc_atl
noisymime wrote:Support for all 3 wires on these valves has been added ......
I have a few questions for anyone who has used these valves with other ECUs...
  • Is a smooth humming / buzzing when operating normal for them? I find the valve is smoothest when running around 160Hz with a reasonable even hum. At 120Hz its still smooth, but more of a buzz, lower in pitch. At something like 60Hz its just terrible
  • What is the expected behaviour off idle? Should they be fully open or fully closed or just remaining at their last set value?
Happy to assist if anyone out there wants to test
They do buzz alot when in operation but hardly noticeable when the exhaust has not been installed. :lol:
By PSIG
+1 they are noisy. Most factory app's I'm aware of are about 100Hz. I would assume default is system-dependent with behavior off-idle based on the dashpot (idle recovery) scheme.
David

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?