Anything not specifically related to the Speeduino hardware. Eg sensors, bluetooth, displays etc
By Falcao
Hi, does anyone of you know what kind of signal this type of sensor outputs ?
Attachments
Sans titre.png
Sans titre.png (83.84 KiB) Viewed 7318 times
By PSIG
Most (not all) transmission or speedometer sensors are Hall (shaft or gear-driven, or direct), for low-speed detection. Most are also 5V digital signal, but that is not universal. I've seen some in 8V and higher. I also do not know which specific sensor that unit is, but with that connector and gear drive, I'm assuming it could be 5V Hall speedometer cable replacement. Do you know what sensor that is or what it was used in, Falcao? If so, you could look-up the wiring diagram or service info for the vehicle and determine it yourself.

David
By Falcao
Well, it's a speedometer sensor mounted after the final drive, pin-1 is +12v supply, pin-2 to ground, and pin-3 goes both to the ECU and dashboard.

So PSIG, I guess it's a hall sensor with +12v ouput , or even if it's supplied by 12v, could it output a +5v signal or be an open-drain signal ?
By PSIG
I think that 12V powered open-drain is probably a good guess. Just probably, so test it? :lol:

David
By dazq
JayCen wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:56 am what about some gps unit that cost 89 on ebay with built in sensor, just slam into dash and your checking your speed against the Law Enforcement thugs
GPS speed can be laggy if insufficient satellites are locked on, also don't work in tunnels

In my opinion the easiest way is to just leave out[…]

Cant seem to get it working. Uploded my 202402 ini[…]

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?