For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By Jansun
Hi all,

After a lot of questions, now here is my first "deliverable". Its for my Ford Capri (v6 engine), but its also usable for a lot of other cars. Features:

- Standalone atmega 2560 SMD board
- 4 injector channels, based on the (not ready and steady) VNLD5090's like on the Speeduino Pro
- Fuel pump and Idle output (also used the VNLD's)
- 1 IGBT Coil output
- Communication via standalone FTDI tool
- Connectors by screw terminals
- Choice between MPX or MPXV map sensor
- Pinout according to Speeduino v0.3 board
- Most used package is the 1206 for easy positioning
- Most solder pads are all a bit widened for easy soldering
- Board dimensions 110 x 60 mm
- I want to add a speeduino logo, still working on that.

3d view of the board with case: http://a360.co/2ffbld5
3d view of only the board: http://a360.co/2ffaPvT

Overview:

Board coppers:

In the attachements are the schematics. I want to add this as a project to Github so i can add bom and other documents, but have to find out first how to use github, comes later on.

Its not in production yet. I have some doubts if all schematics are correct, components used and board lay-out is oke. I'm not an electrical engineer for work, so have to learn.. Please feel free to comment!
Attachments
(155.14 KiB) Downloaded 557 times
By cx500tc
One issue I see is that you have the injector signals running adjacent to all the others- speaking about the wiring here. Those are relatively high current signals so may induce some voltage / interference on the analog signals.

Also, you have SMD pads for the MPX42xxAP sensor, not through-hole... but I do see you have SMD for another sensor there, too.
By klotzy_550
I like it, really its the 3D rendering that sells me!
By Jansun
klotzy_550 wrote:I like it, really its the 3D rendering that sells me!
Nice looks always sells :D , also things technician would never buy.. Hopefully you were not that impressed you forgot to look to the technical solutions haha.
By Jansun
cx500tc wrote:One issue I see is that you have the injector signals running adjacent to all the others- speaking about the wiring here. Those are relatively high current signals so may induce some voltage / interference on the analog signals.

Also, you have SMD pads for the MPX42xxAP sensor, not through-hole... but I do see you have SMD for another sensor there, too.
I was so focused on the board i forgot to think about the wires. I shall make an other opening in te back of the case and make seperate wire bungs for analog and power / digital.

The SMD pad is a personal thing, i bend the leads so it will fit on to the pads. i like the surface mount soldering :D I'm gonna start with the MPX4250 and want to test the MPXHZ6400 to see whats the difference in real world.
By cx500tc
Jansun wrote:
cx500tc wrote:One issue I see is that you have the injector signals running adjacent to all the others- speaking about the wiring here. Those are relatively high current signals so may induce some voltage / interference on the analog signals.

I was so focused on the board i forgot to think about the wires. I shall make an other opening in te back of the case and make seperate wire bungs for analog and power / digital.

The SMD pad is a personal thing, i bend the leads so it will fit on to the pads. i like the surface mount soldering :D I'm gonna start with the MPX4250 and want to test the MPXHZ6400 to see whats the difference in real world.
I thought perhaps the pads for the MPX4xxxAP were a personal preference.

Looking forward to seeing the next evolution of this. ;)
By dazq
Looking good!
Your not related to kdfi though are you? If not you may want to rethink your board name as its very close.
By Jansun
dazq wrote:Looking good!
Your not related to kdfi though are you? If not you may want to rethink your board name as its very close.
i'm not. Same thing i was thinking in the first place, but decided to keep it. main reason to keep it that is because the name its not realy important, the computer is only for myself. Only self-promo's for facebook or so :lol: So when i show something, i want my name in it :D

So if there's nobody that can find any other issues, I think i did a good job haha. I'm going to order some boards today.
By noisymime
This looks really terrific! I'm super impressed that you've squeezed it all onto a board that size, it's a great effort.

Out of interest, what's the case you've got shown there with it? Is it something standard or a custom one?

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?