Speeduino is now on Github Sponsors (Rather than Patreon): https://github.com/sponsors/noisymime
For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By klotzy_550
So I have been working on a couple boards really slowly since summer is in full swing here. I have a design for a Powersport ECU, needs to be routed. I finished the rough layout tonight of my Ignition only design. It is intended to run small single to twin cylinder engines that have lost spark or need an upgrade. I intend to use this on a three wheeler and skid-steer. The connector is a Molex M150 series fully sealed. By minimalist I mean minimal: MAP, IAT, BRV, CAS, and IGN. Josh if you can confirm that the software will work on with this assuming I tweak a couple things in the code that would be appreciated, also if you would like me to put "powered by Speeduino" on it I will do.

2" x 2"

Note: I still want to make the HC-06 integrated onto the back of this board.
By klotzy_550

Rendering of how I want to finished good to look
By PSIG
Nice. Any plans to add channels for more cylinders? I like the clear cover, and a tiny OLED for displaying a loop of info, like RPM, dwell, MAP, model and version, advance, etc. shining through the cover would be cool. Does it have connections or built-in Bluetooth for tuning the sparks with your phone (and/or as alternate to the OLED)?
David

PS: I don't see places for MAP or a coil driver. Are those external?
By noisymime
Sorry, I must've missed this thread :oops:

Cool little board! Those inputs will certainly be 'enough'. If it's not too difficult, you might want to consider adding a spare input jumper somewhere incase you ever want to look at inputting a clutch signal or something.

Having a 'Powered by Speeduino' or something would be terrific, but totally up to you.
By klotzy_550
PSIG wrote:Nice. Any plans to add channels for more cylinders? I like the clear cover, and a tiny OLED for displaying a loop of info, like RPM, dwell, MAP, model and version, advance, etc. shining through the cover would be cool. Does it have connections or built-in Bluetooth for tuning the sparks with your phone (and/or as alternate to the OLED)?
David

PS: I don't see places for MAP or a coil driver. Are those external?
I have given thought to additional cylinders but as of right now the two target engines are a single cylinder and a twin cylinder. I do like the idea of the OLED that would be pretty awesome. The bluetooth is built in allowing for tuning wirelessly. Map would be offboard, but I am going to redefine the board file so It can also be used as a TPS sensor input.
By klotzy_550
noisymime wrote:Sorry, I must've missed this thread :oops:

Cool little board! Those inputs will certainly be 'enough'. If it's not too difficult, you might want to consider adding a spare input jumper somewhere incase you ever want to look at inputting a clutch signal or something.

Having a 'Powered by Speeduino' or something would be terrific, but totally up to you.
I can do it, I had a couple made as pictured above. If you want to provide me with a picture or a link to a picture that I can insert Ill update the board.
By PSIG
Rough ideas. Printing is pretty good these days. Although I print my avatar on some stuff at only 3mm diameter, and it's legible, busy stuff like the second one would need some real estate:

By dazq
Can you post the actual files to download for those graphics please i would like to put them onto my boards too
By PSIG
Starting a new thread to properly serve this question, and get out of klotzy's hair.
;)
David
By klotzy_550
noisymime wrote:Sorry, I must've missed this thread :oops:

Thanks, I appreciate the support, just paying my dues back to where it all began! 8-)

Additional inputs would certainly be nice, and probably will be there in a spin off board. Currently the 8 pin header is fully populated :lol: The connector is the Molex MX150 series, pretty nice connectors for a decent price, again fully sealed.

just a heads up that some times diagrams are shown[…]

r8 vag coil weird problem 1uz

Do picture how you do wire

Hardware recommendation

I plan to use the ua4c. I've become more educated […]

the Serial output is in Lambda on these controller[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?