For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
So, bought and assembled pazi's m52 pnp board and throw it to car.
Now problem is that I dont get spark on cylinder 2. After lot of testing and measuring come up on that I dont get drive current on coil connector.
Connection between coil connector and ecu connector is okay, so are connection between ecu connector on board and cyl 2 ignition mosfet's middle pin.
Have tried two different mosfets but no change. Resistors on cyl 2 ignition circuit are okay, and led do blink when doing output test from tunerstudio.
Any ideas? 🤔
jonbill wrote:can you share your tune? what ignition channel is cylinder 2 on?
Yeah, forgot to add tunefile :mrgreen:

Here also board schematic pdf file, cylinder 2 ignition channel is 5 if I understand correctly?

download/file.php?mode=view&id=10285

download/file.php?mode=view&id=10284
Attachments
Tune
(85.68 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
Schematic
(439.36 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
jonbill wrote:OK, so its wasted cop, so cylinder 2 shares ignition channel 2 with cylinder 5 (I'm assuming firing order 153624).
is cylinder 5 getting sparks?
Yep, correct firing order. And yes, gets. Every other cylinder do, but not on cylinder 2. Coils are standard bmw smart ones so they have three wires on connector, +12v, ground and one from ecu. Measuring with multimeter, leads on +12v and ecu wire, other connector blink +12v but cyl 2. does nothing.
Konsta205 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:08 am Found the problem finally. Somehow no connection on board between igbt (Q13) and resistor (R78). Made jumper wire from resistor to igbt and now the channel 5 does work, and engine runs on all cylinders.
Must be some weird manufacturing error on jlc-pcb. The boards that I have don't have that kind of problem.
Konsta205 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:08 am Found the problem finally. Somehow no connection on board between igbt (Q13) and resistor (R78). Made jumper wire from resistor to igbt and now the channel 5 does work, and engine runs on all cylinders.
Probably a bad via - you get what you pay for with JLCPCB, if you pay extra for a proper electrical test on the bare PCB then that sort of issue gets picked up.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?