For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
NickZ wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:22 am I know we have covered this before, but i think your hardware will be the problem. I have a rotary revving to 9000 rpm without problem.
I said already, "it's the firmware, or the Arduino itself"; my cobbled together garbage is fine.
So unless you can tell me why one Arduino is fine but another just can't be, we're both wasting out time here.
And if there is some variation that's incompatible that I've had the misfortune of picking out 2 of 2 times, then I'm sure many others have too. Wonder how many of them said "fuck this garbage" after the 1st failed attempt and either ditched the plans all together or just went to Megasquirt or something... then told their friends "Speeduino is garbage; don't waste your time".
By PSIG
I wouldn't be surprised if some have, but hopefully not many once they realize that thousands of others have done it successfully, and there is likely a solution. Probably a simple one (most are) that simply hasn't been found yet. That has often been my motivation, as I know it works, and I just haven't figured it out yet. Ultimately, I have been rewarded, every time.

There are exceptions to anything, but at this point it's not working "right", and it's up to you to find why that is. If you don't, then we have no way of knowing if it's Speeduino or something else. Whether you want to pursue it further is entirely up to you, but solutions will of course need your effort and we can only try to help remotely.

Your no-Speeduino setup is exactly what's used on lawn mower electronic ignitions that have no timing control. ;) The simplest setup, and proof that signals are making their way through to a working coil. Image I'm curious if all of your tests have been with an exposed spark plug, non-suppression spark plug wire, or non-resistor spark plug(s)? Any and all of those will blast EMR that will disrupt ECM functions.
PSIG wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:01 pm I wouldn't be surprised if some have, but hopefully not many once they realize that thousands of others have done it successfully, and there is likely a solution. Probably a simple one (most are) that simply hasn't been found yet. That has often been my motivation, as I know it works, and I just haven't figured it out yet. Ultimately, I have been rewarded, every time.

There are exceptions to anything, but at this point it's not working "right", and it's up to you to find why that is. If you don't, then we have no way of knowing if it's Speeduino or something else. Whether you want to pursue it further is entirely up to you, but solutions will of course need your effort and we can only try to help remotely.

Your no-Speeduino setup is exactly what's used on lawn mower electronic ignitions that have no timing control. ;) The simplest setup, and proof that signals are making their way through to a working coil. Image I'm curious if all of your tests have been with an exposed spark plug, non-suppression spark plug wire, or non-resistor spark plug(s)? Any and all of those will blast EMR that will disrupt ECM functions.
"and proof that signals are making their way through to a working coil." That was the point of sharing that here.
"I'm curious if all of your tests have been with an exposed spark plug, non-suppression spark plug wire, or non-resistor spark plug(s)?" Same problems with ignition unplugged completely.
By PSIG
Drill motor EMR? Anyway, if you are leaning towards everything is perfect, except the Mega (we know the code works), then try the usual clearing with EEPROM_Clear.ino and reloading the firmware and start a new tune from the fresh Base Tune to ensure no corrupted stuff is carried with it. Even further, start a new project in TS, as that can carry crap with it too.
PSIG wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:11 am Drill motor EMR? Anyway, if you are leaning towards everything is perfect, except the Mega (we know the code works), then try the usual clearing with EEPROM_Clear.ino and reloading the firmware and start a new tune from the fresh Base Tune to ensure no corrupted stuff is carried with it. Even further, start a new project in TS, as that can carry crap with it too.
Speaking of base tune, SpeadyLoader kept failing to download any.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (32.11 KiB) Viewed 1978 times
Ignition Angle doubled?

+1, distributor is being used as crank position, s[…]

Dude, use whatever you think will work best, or wh[…]

It has been done more than a few times, there wa[…]

Peugeot 205 rallye

Controller egt and oil temp

Still can't find what you're looking for?