For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By Richard Bell
one for the circuit guru's

I'm making an MR2 PNP board so to work out the issue with the 4wire dizzy with the max VR being used i sketched out the 3 pickup circuits the OEM board uses, any issues replacing the 1N4782 (8.5v 1.0mA) with a same/higher mA 4.7v zener so i can stick the signal into the arduino through another 470r/1k resistor after the diode and last cap?

setting the dizzy up tomorrow on the bench and scoping the signals to see how this all works but i figured someone's looked into this to make the honda/toyota specific VR conditioner.

the passthrough caps are all 2.2nF 100v just forgot to lable them.

Regards
Richard
Attachments
Toyota mr2 3S-G circuit.PNG
Toyota mr2 3S-G circuit.PNG (41.5 KiB) Viewed 5373 times
By Wombat
Whenever I have worked with Honda dizzys, I have always used either the 24 and single toothed wheel in combination (sequential ignition), the 24 tooth wheel with 2 teeth grounded off to simulate a 12-1 wheel on wasted spark (megasquirt 1-extra was incapable of decoding a single missing tooth wheel at cam speed) or the 4 tooth wheel by itself when using the distributor.
Suggest using just two or one of the three (if your Toyota has three like the Honda does).
I personally hate VR sensors as they are noisy and cause all sorts of problems and require expensive chips to decode the messy signal they produce.
I used to use the NCV1124 (now out of production) but I eventually converted a Honda dizzy to work with a magnetic hall sensor so it outputs a good solid 5V signal whilst still using the Honda toothed wheel.

Good luck with your circuit

I think possible reasons for that would be: 1) loo[…]

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?