For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By SilentBob
Got bored today and designed a couple boards.
The first is an accessory board for the proto area for extra sensor inputs. One side is for a 0-5V input (three wire type sensors), the other side is for resistive input sensors (2 wire temp). Only one side would be populated depending on need. The circuits are based on the input circuits on 0.4.4.
Attachments
Spare_Input_V0.1 top.png
Spare_Input_V0.1 top.png (100.52 KiB) Viewed 4988 times
Spare_Input_V0.1 bottom.png
Spare_Input_V0.1 bottom.png (71.3 KiB) Viewed 4988 times
By SilentBob
The next is a USB type A to type B bulkhead, the 5V line is disconnected so the ecu can be powered from 12V and have usb plugged in at the same time. This avoids any power back feeding and other weirdness.

If there's any interest let me know and I'll create a github account and chuck them on there.
Attachments
Usb_Bulkhead_1.png
Usb_Bulkhead_1.png (215.72 KiB) Viewed 4987 times
Usb_Bulkhead_2.png
Usb_Bulkhead_2.png (211.06 KiB) Viewed 4987 times
By LPG2CV
I've been looking into designing a breakout board. Just as a beginner's project. :)

Something I thought of was to put jumpers on to bring 5v in as required. that way both both inputs could suit both sensor types.
By Mr_Hypnotic
SilentBob, those are both good ideas. The USB board would be great for a speedy that's mounted in a hard to reach area. I'm sure that most would mount the speedy on the dash for all to see. :mrgreen:
By SilentBob
LPG2CV wrote:I've been looking into designing a breakout board. Just as a beginner's project. :)

Something I thought of was to put jumpers on to bring 5v in as required. that way both both inputs could suit both sensor types.
The 5V for the sensor supply is still available on the IDC connector, these are just to avoid having to solder through hole components in the proto area. Purely a neatness thing and not necessary.
Mr_Hypnotic wrote:SilentBob, those are both good ideas. The USB board would be great for a speedy that's mounted in a hard to reach area. I'm sure that most would mount the speedy on the dash for all to see. :mrgreen:
Genius, I didn't even think about remote mounting it haha just designed it to get around the issue of powering via usb and 12V at the same time
By LPG2CV
Sorry Bob, I wasn't being clear. :)

If you compare the schematic for say the CLT (2 wire), and the TPS (3 wire), the only difference is the 5v feed to the 2k49 bias resistor.

So, if there was a jumper in that 5v line (from the proto area), then each circuit would be usable for 2 or 3 wire sensors.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, because it would on my part, be a basic misunderstanding of how it works. And I would need to correct that in my very early days of learning this. :)
By SilentBob
LPG2CV wrote:Sorry Bob, I wasn't being clear. :)

If you compare the schematic for say the CLT (2 wire), and the TPS (3 wire), the only difference is the 5v feed to the 2k49 bias resistor.

So, if there was a jumper in that 5v line (from the proto area), then each circuit would be usable for 2 or 3 wire sensors.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, because it would on my part, be a basic misunderstanding of how it works. And I would need to correct that in my very early days of learning this. :)
You are perfectly correct, easy to overlook the simplest things sometimes :lol: I'll revise it and make it single sided with a solder pad to jumper the pullup

Edit: Revision done, might do a render tomorrow
By Michael1
SilentBob wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:50 am The next is a USB type A to type B bulkhead, the 5V line is disconnected so the ecu can be powered from 12V and have usb plugged in at the same time. This avoids any power back feeding and other weirdness.

If there's any interest let me know and I'll create a github account and chuck them on there.
Will a 12 Volt and a 5Volt source kill the ECU if used together? From USB and Batterie ?
By SilentBob
Michael1 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:17 pm
SilentBob wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:50 am The next is a USB type A to type B bulkhead, the 5V line is disconnected so the ecu can be powered from 12V and have usb plugged in at the same time. This avoids any power back feeding and other weirdness.

Will a 12 Volt and a 5Volt source kill the ECU if used together? From USB and Batterie ?
Not necessarily, it's not recommended to power the arduino via the 5V pin and usb at the same time but a lot of people get away with it with no problems. You can also cut the 5V line on a usb cable to get around this.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?