For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
hi,
first thanks a lot pazi :))

question:
i want to install LS2 coils on m52 turbo , ms40.1 wiring on pasi bmw pnp board rev 2.1 siemens
when i install coils it/s not workig
ls2 signal -> ecu signal
ls2 ecu ground -> engine ground
ls2 ground -> engine ground
ls2 +12V -> ecu 12+

i think add +5v 1/4W 1K resistor on ecu signal
it's good ?
p.s sorry for my english
:))
gvineee wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:34 pmquestion:
i want to install LS2 coils on m52 turbo , ms40.1 wiring on pasi bmw pnp board rev 2.1 siemens
when i install coils it/s not workig
ls2 signal -> ecu signal Correct. Direct to ECM, optional small noise capacitor, with original resistor in Speeduino.
ls2 ecu ground -> engine ground This could work, but it assumes the multiple ECM grounds are all to the engine block.
ls2 ground -> engine ground Correct. A capacitor to coil (+) as-close-as-possible to the coil is suggested for best spark power and reduced noise. The cap provides a direct flyback path from coil (-) to coil (+) without traveling through the wiring harness.
ls2 +12V -> ecu 12+ No, switched VBAT (battery) power. The relay is often switched with the fuel pump signal or key.

i think add +5v 1/4W 1K resistor on ecu signal
it's good ? Not recommended for fastest coil switching. @Chris Wolfson's link is a proven one. 8-)
HI,
thanks for answer @PSIG, @Chris Wolfson ,
ECU signal on speeduino is negative rigt?

on Ls2 -> C = Ignition digital signal from ECU (+5V) ??
A = Coil Primary Ground
B = Ignition low noise ground from ECU (ground)
C = Ignition digital signal from ECU (+5V)
D = +12V Supply to Coil Primary
The ignition signal from Speeduino is +5v, 12v or 0v. You got to adjust this in hard- (5/12v) and soft- ware (going high or low) to match your specific coil.
No "negative" signal.
This is the perfect write up for the LS1 coil, copied from MS documentation:

"The LS1 built in coil igniters (the amplifier that drives the coil's primary current based on the sequencer signal) will follow the sequencer signal pulse width. When the signal from the sequencer is high (3 to 5+ Volts - with very little current from the controller, a few dozen milliAmps), the coil current will be building. When the signal from the sequencer is pulled low (shut off), the coil will spark. The duration of the signal from the sequencer determines the dwell (though the coil igniter limits this to no more than ~8 milliseconds).

As the dwell time increases, the peak coil charge current increases. The coil output current is not as linear. The LS1 coils do not fully saturate until around 8 milliseconds, but the spark energy does not increase much when the dwell exceeds 6 milliseconds. So stick with a 'running' dwell setting near the design value of 5.6 to 5.8 milliseconds. This will keep the coils cooler and extend their life. Note that MegaSquirt-II uses a nominal dwell setting, called the 'maximum dwell', at 12.0 Volts and adjusts this for the continuously measured running voltage (since higher voltages charge the coil more quickly, the dwell is shortened, and conversely, low cranking voltages need extended dwells to properly charge the coil for easy starting).

To get 5.6 milliseconds of running dwell, the nominal dwell parameters should be set to:

Maximum Dwell 6.1 milliseconds
Maximum Spark Duration 2.0 milliseconds
Acceleration Compensation 0.6 milliseconds

Battery Voltage Compensation
Setting Net Voltage Dwell Compensation
-4.0 8.0 Volts 2.4 milliseconds
-2.0 10.0 Volts 0.9 milliseconds
0.0 12.0 Volts 0.0 milliseconds
2.0 14.0 Volts -0.5 milliseconds
4.0 16.0 Volts -0.9 milliseconds
This will give 6.1 - 0.5 = 5.6 milliseconds at 14.0 volts while running with the alternator charging normally."
First things first
gvineee wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:34 pm question:
Have you checked difference between MS41 and MS40.1 wiring and sensoring? Pazi´s board is meant to use with Siemens MS41 wiring. And MS40.1 original crank sensor MUST be replaced since it won´t work with Speeduino or any aftermarket ecu. It´s one kind of sensor that nobody but siemens used and only MS40.1 used it in crank. Siemens MS41 uses hall-effect sensor and is bolt-on replacement.

Pazi´s board have built in ignitors and if you want to use LS coils you must take them out and/or jumper them to get signals straight from TC4424 FET drivers.

Pazi´s boards are purpose built ECU´s for BMW original wiring and parts. If you want to use different parts you must make changes and that is not for beginners.

I uploaded logs and last tune and dyno plots look[…]

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?