For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By Alfagta
Hello,
i would prefer to have an Cortex M4 for DBW control.
Choose some of the stm32f3 with same pin count as f103.
By tooly
this is not possible. i dont have extended parts left.
By tooly
i finished layout an shematics so far.
@JHolland can you please have a look about shematics specially dbw controller
Attachments
gewitterbox.png
gewitterbox.png (159.53 KiB) Viewed 4500 times
(371.33 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
By NickZ
I see your VREF+ and VCCA are connected to 3.3V but your analog voltage dividers are 2.93v output.
I'm using 180k and 330k and that gets me 3.25v.
What difference will this make? I found mine is close to the same readings i get from a mega2560 in tuner studio.
By JHolland
I've only had a cursory look but your PSU has a TVS clamping at 35.5V and a in-line diode, that means that your power input can never meet the 40V that the MOV clamps at so that is useless. Your PSU chip is rated at 30V so it is not protected by the TVS anyway. Your injector FETs are 30V so they will be in avalanche during a load dump because they are also below the level of the TVS clamp.
Your DBW motor driver doesn't have a current sense so you won't be able to implement a proper motor control algorithm.
The power rails on U$2 are the wrong way round.
I think you are missing some de-coupling caps.
You don't have provision for a shunt resistor on the VR sensor input, the NCV1124 is difficult to set up and is not a true zero-crossing detector so isn't well suited for timing applications.
You don't seem to have any ESD protection on your inputs.
I think you need to spend some time doing some design calculations and checks, at the moment the schematic seems to be just full of errors.
By dazq
I have been using the vnh5019 for my dbw experiments.
I also am using them on my turbo actuator servo drive and electric handbrake controller.
The current sense is pretty good and repeatable.
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://ww ... 9YmLNRZqpZ
By Alfagta
I know that this TLE dbw chip is already successfully used by rusefi, so also speeduino should work with it.
Give it a try and learn from it....

Some small things need to be fixed then i would guess a test pcb can be orderd.
Many line of code needs to be written to bring it fully alive, this takes also time and i for example would prefer to have an test pcb in front of me.

Regards
By PSIG
@tooly - Thomas, do you have any updates to the basic 8x8 GewitterBOX? I am still interested in the basic functions. DBW and integral WBO2 not as important for my upcoming projects as the basic fuel, ignition and accessory control.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?