For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By marter544
Hi guys,

I am new here, so I'll introduce myself.

I am Martijn, from the Netherlands. My hobby car is an imported 96 1.8 Miata. I "build" an NB 1.8 engine, with VVT pistons, new bearings, new rings, bore hone etc. to which I would like to add ITB's at some point. For now I will stick to the stock NB intake.

One component was missing, which was an ECU. Since ECU's are rather expensive, and I am a bit of tinkerer, I went looking for a DIY alternative. I stumbled across the Speeduino project, but could not find a ready made board to my likings (plug and play in the 96-97 cable harness, onboard Atmega2560 instead of a whole Arduino Mega, and a VR conditioner for the OEM crank sensor).

In the Speeduino code I did find a microcontroller pin config for the 96 MX5, and there seems to be a base tune available as well. So I made this (most 3D files from the components are missing, but, they will actually be there on the board):
Speeduino.PNG
Speeduino.PNG (131.84 KiB) Viewed 3693 times
All pins have proper ESD protection, the 12V is fused and protected for reverse polarity. EMC filtering etc. is also placed, and the electrolytics are automotive grade. The board is a dual layer to cut costs. A 4 layer would have been nicer, but this should work just fine. I just placed the order at JLCPCB, which will also solder all the SMD components. Their prices are just ridiculous, 5 pieces for around a hundred dollar.

Comments and questions are always welcome.
That's very true. I've put it in the attachment. It is a very ugly schematic, because I did not felt like making multiple pages and a hierarchy. It is one big, cluttered sheet.

In essence, it is a rip off from the V0.4 combined with the PNP NA6 board, and some own input.
Attachments
(287.52 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
The board is finished (MAP sensor is missing in the photo, it has been installed since):
speeduino.jpg
speeduino.jpg (91.08 KiB) Viewed 3307 times
The board is programmed, and is connected to tunerstudio. I can suck a MAP of 0.7 bar) I designed a housing to fit the original ECU brackets, which will hopefully be 3D printed this weekend.
By Guy1195
Agreed with NickZ. Sick and tired of Micro USB, must have replaced the port in my phone a good 3/4 times. Can imagine just pulling the cable by accident and ripping it clean off the pcb. USB B much more stout

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?