For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By jbiplane
I have simple idea - want to share. May be someone will implement or help me to implement.
If will be benetifiar for model RC engines.

I believe it is possible create simplest ECU which will calculate injection duration and ignition angle based only on rpm. No other sensors. Small tune can be performed by mechanical fuel pressure regulator. In future it can be separate board which regulate fuel pressure by simple circuit board (themperature and barometric corrections). I would be happy to find someone who can help me in electronics to do this joint project from the scratch and will do all mechanical stuff and testing.

In this case processor should perform 1000th times fewer calculations will be cheap and reliable.
By jbiplane
you can have a look here
Thanks tooly, I will definitelly educate your projects. Which one is most reliable and proven?

ECU integrated in throttle body must use internal magnetic non contact TPS and IAT on cold place of board to be insert in alumitum throttle.

So very few wiring wil go out. Due very short length of wires ECU can be without problem making connector? just bunch of wires goes out and cutted after to required length.
By tooly
hi jbiplane,
i did rough modifications
at the moment 25mmx47mm(see attached)
i will upload at github when iam ready
testing blitzboxbl49sp is still in progress
Attachments
(44.39 KiB) Downloaded 429 times
blitzboxmini.png
blitzboxmini.png (41.48 KiB) Viewed 12317 times
By tooly
hi jbiplane,
if the size of blitzboxbl49sp is still ok for you. you can ask chaoschris if he sell you a blitzboxbl49sp pcb. it would be geat if you help with testing.
By jbiplane
can ask chaoschris if he sell you a blitzboxbl49sp pcb
Thanks, follow you advice.
Yes, I experienced since 2016 with Speeduino, Megasquirt, RusEFI. finally made in house EFI...

But after saw 2-stroke Stihl 550i chainsaw which perform exelent using inly one integrated crankcase temperature+pressure sensor. It consume just few wats and do same like complicate classical systems. I know all concerns related "red neck" EFI, but I know guy who used attached simplest schematic on his heavy low power motorcycle Jawa and absolutelly happy compare carburator he used before. He use mechanical fuel pressure regulator which he turn like main jet and schematic attached. It works on dirty cheap ancient Atmega8. Yes, he have worse dynamic from 0 to top, but observe much better engine behavior on cruise. Seems if install something simular on stationar generator it will be perfect enough.
So my idea if we have simple fast logic says taking into account
- fast changing inputs like TPS MAP and rpm. Processor will calculate ignition advance and nozzles times
- slow changing inputs like themperature and external pressure

We will need much less calculations and got the same "fueling" precision.
By jbiplane
tooly wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:32 pm hi jbiplane,
i did rough modifications
at the moment 25mmx47mm(see attached)
i will upload at github when iam ready
testing blitzboxbl49sp is still in progress
Hi tooly
Could you share just schematic + BOM of 25mmx47mm board.
If you dont mind I will try to trace it in 2 layers. Or better modify your blitzbox2561cj125 ?
jbiplane@gmail.com
Valery

Hi all, I promise I searched the forums before p[…]

Let's all have a laugh for second. There's trash[…]

It has been done more than a few times, there was […]

Thanks yes, I would really appreciate all the help[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?