For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By theonewithin
I think you would be best to start an entirely new project.

Speeduino isn't suited or is it likely to go in the direction you wish.

You are in a very small noche application so you are best to figure something out with what skills you have.
By jbiplane
tooly wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:32 pm i did rough modifications
at the moment 25mmx47mm(see attached)
i will upload at github when iam ready
Hi tooly
Seems your initial variant of 25x47 board was the best solution.
If you will have time to complete this project I want get your permission to do one prototype and test it.
Yours
jbiplane
By jbiplane
My oblective is old small carburator engines. And make bolt on kit with minimal modification of engine.
I looking for someone who will help me in electronic, and I will do "box product" = 7 instalation kits of engines I have in hands:
aircraft model engines 40...120 cc
50cc 2stroke scooters
172cc 2-stroke paramotor
Stationar Honda GX and clones 4-stroke
Yamaha 9...15hp outboard 2-stroke inline
Yamaha 9...15hp outboard 4-stroke inline
Snowmobile 2-stroke

PCB should be integrated to throttle body. Most of sensors as well.
1. The most important is electriclty consumption.
Me personally can make fuel pump assembly which consume below 0.8A using BLDC pump + ESC.
I can make fuel pressure as function of atmosphere pressure and themperature.
2. The second is dimensions Me personally made 60x60mm board where all components are on one side.
Objective is to make 50x50mm board or less placing ignition and injection keys on bottom side of PCB
3. Have as few wires as possible
4. Use small ignition coils typically used for CDI ignition
5. End user instalation must be as simple as possible. User should know nothing about tuner studio and lambda sensors.
6. ECU should work by Speed dencity and Alpha-N only
7. Lambra used only for set up

If anyone can help implement electronics I will produce remaining mechanical and electrical part and do numerous tests
using test bench of local univercity.

jbiplane@gmail.com
Valery
By Billzilla
At the risk of ..... well, something, I have to ask what's wrong with a conventional carby? Once they're set-up they usually work quite well and are vastly simpler & lighter than an EFI system in an RC plane.
If you're determined to have something better than a conventional carby, perhaps look at an old design called a pressure carburettor. It's more complex than a conventional carby but works more like a crude EFI system.
1024px-Pressure_Carburetor.svg.png
1024px-Pressure_Carburetor.svg.png (112.56 KiB) Viewed 8508 times
By jbiplane
Billzilla wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:05 pm At the risk of ..... well, something, I have to ask what's wrong with a conventional carby? Once they're set-up they usually work quite well and are vastly simpler & lighter than an EFI system
Thanks for good advice. I spend a lot of time with carb. Complicate expensive carb could behave rather well, but nether compare even with simple EFI. I made device which named "smart fuel pump". It use brushless motor and generate fuel pressure depending of air themperature and pressure. I connected it to membrane carburetor and first results was good. But after I realyze this approach work good only for my engine with propeller. If load more complicate than megasquirt I have beat my solution.
So finally I think many peoples would benefit in small ECU integrated in throttle body with most of sensors integrated on PCB.

Once I saw https://www.nanoefi.com/ , but it remain in alpha stage many years.
So I think minimalistic Speeduino board non contact TPS on board
2ign+2inj
crank input
cam input
IAT
MAP
CLT
May be EGT
No lambda, no other functionality
would benefit many users of small 40...500cc 2-stroke and 4-stroke 1-cylinder and 2-cylinder engines

If someone help me in creation of this minimalistic PCB I will suply cost effective hardware to simplify end user life :)
I can do any CNC milling and extence testing. Open to colaboration to bring into world minimalistic fuel+digital ignition kit.
By joey120373
I am currently working on a small board meant for motorcycles, ATVs and such. Where there just isn’t much room for a controller. It’s 65mm by 70mm, designed to fit inside this case :

Ebay item # 171936860740

There is no connector on the board, it is intended that wires be soldered directly to the board to save space.

The current board has most of the features of a standard speeduino board, 4 injector drivers, stepper controller etc, plus it also has 4 ignition IGBTs on board because 3 of my projects do not have a separate ignition module.
So, that being the case, it could be made much smaller by getting rid of a lot of that stuff.
Attachments
171EAFAD-7432-4C90-9574-CF89200069B7.jpeg
171EAFAD-7432-4C90-9574-CF89200069B7.jpeg (715.68 KiB) Viewed 8475 times

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?