For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By Chris Wolfson
So this diode issue is hardly one. I do not know any factory ECU with external diodes. Fine. 2 A is pretty much for a small injector coil.
Copycats was not thought of as you interpreted them, but people selling them as their own work. There are quite some around that have a very bad reputation in the MS sector.
Such a project should have a positive impact on the entry level ECU market, making it accessible to people who otherwise would not have the funds to invest in such a project, because they do not really trust the outcome. Experimenting should be inexpensive. Put the educational idea in the foreground again, with a working product, not a toy. Countrys, where $ are hard to earn, need the most education people can get. The world needs more people with knowledge, for sure.

Beside from this, many would feel better with a spare ECU in the car, driving to a track day.

On the other side, a real group buy does not work that good in most cases, so many people would be happy to buy them for 50$ + reasonable P&P from someone who organized producing them. A kind of pre-financed group buy is best, with a small buffer for taxes and expenses..
Perfect would be a (probably Chinese) producer that has the blue prints for it and has proved to do working copy´s, simplifying the ordering process. In this case even I would think about ordering a hand full, maybe 10 or so and offer some of these on German ebay or over the forum.
Keep in mind international postage is gruesome for one single unit. If you go for such a solution, maybe include a simple break out board to be produced and ordered with it, so no one has to solder on the actual ECU / shield part. This makes things much easier for beginners, as they do not ruin the core part on the first try to solder...
By JHolland
I would move the IGN channels to output compare pins, one of the 16-bit timers and move the crank input to an input compare channel. That would mean that more accurate software could be developed.
By jbiplane
Any blitzbox or any micro ECU news?
I sucseed to make compact lightweight throttle bodies and fuel pumps for 60cc engines, but my ECU PCB still huge for models.
By purplelightning
Chris, how can I acquire a blitzbox? I really like the form factor of this as I'm developing a small engine (212cc mini bike) based project that this could work well for. A racing application, using speed-density only. I have access to dynos and a test track or two.

I'm open to funding some development for it if that would help. It's not a one-unit, I hope to deploy the solution on about 3000 units (Eventually) and I'd love for it to be a speedy based solution if we can make it work.

But first I have to get the POC built and tested of course..
By jbiplane
I made complete EFI kit for paramotor engines. All together fit to 1kg and consume below 36watt.
Most sensors are onboard. Very few wires goes out, so easy to install.

A big big PCB 70x70mm, but working make it smaller. Modified blitzbox could be solution?

1 - Brushless intank fuel pump assembly with pressure regulator
2 - Denso smart coil
3 - ECU mounted on throttle body
4 - throttle body 22, 24, 26, 28, 30mm
5 - Brushless generator (if stock motor does not have)
6 - fuel nozzle
7 - voltage stabilisator
By purplelightning
Chris, I received your PM but cannot respond (My forum TL is low, I'll have to fix that).
Can you send me your email address in PM and ill follow-up with you.
By moto-obscura
I really like this form factor. I may try to build one from the github files
By chaoschris
Hi guys,
i wanted to publish the fabrication files for the newer version 0.1.0 of the blitzbox, but something is going wrong with the the positioning of the parts during the order process. There must have been something changed at JLCPCB or i am too blind that i cannot see my error. All is working fine until the review page where you can inspect the position and alignment of the assembled parts. But unfortunately the assembly seems to be misaligned and also not scaled correct. A foto of it is attached here:
JLCPCB_fabrication_files_misplacement.png
JLCPCB_fabrication_files_misplacement.png (65.46 KiB) Viewed 5037 times
There was no problem for me to order some different assembled pcb batches in the past at JLC, but this drives me crazy now.... :(

What i cannot understand is that a already working set of files (gerber/bom/cpl) from a older version has the same error now. And this set of files was definitely fine in the past as i have some factory assembled pcbs here on my bench (v0.0.6).
Does anybody have any idea what is going wrong here? The support at JLC is no help as they always say "make your order, an engineer will inspect it before the fabrication process". But this is not my way to do something, i want to inspect it by myself and i want to be culprit if I bungled it up...
Anybody any idea? A set of the affected files is here in the attachment.
Best regards,
Chris
Attachments
(124.41 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
(9.52 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
(9.79 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
By SilentBob
Maybe a problem with the viewer? Compare the coordinates in the centroid file to the ones of the component in your design software

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?