For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By chaoschris
Hello Josh,
where do i have to change code for my own hardware design?
I've seen that i have to add a new section in utils.ino. Are there any other places to add/modify the code?
Hardware is a CPU-Plugin for a Bosch Motronic, similar to the picture in the attachment.
Best regards,
Chris
Attachments
P1050906r.JPG
P1050906r.JPG (908.79 KiB) Viewed 8524 times
By PSIG
I'm guessing by appearance it's an ATMega adapted with two (MAP and Baro) pressure sensors into a Bosch ECM. If so, this follows my comments from a few months ago about using existing in/outputs and simply inserting a different brain. All the interface circuits were established long ago in systems like the Motronic, and a processor that is configurable without 'hacking' is the missing link. If that's what I'm looking at - then kudos, Chris! I'll defer to Josh to answer your questions - but tell us more.
:D
David
By chaoschris
>>I'm guessing by appearance it's an ATMega
@David: It is not. This is a older design with a CPU which name i will not reveal.... :mrgreen:
The chosen Motronic is a 2.8.1 with 6 injectors and 3 ignition outputs.
The speeduino plugin will look a bit different. The PCBs are on the way from china and a preview of them is added in the attachment. This is only a test, the next version will have a isp and bluetooth on the EPROM socket.
Best regards,
Chris
Attachments
speeduino281_bottom.png
speeduino281_bottom.png (146.29 KiB) Viewed 8517 times
speeduino281_top.png
speeduino281_top.png (164.37 KiB) Viewed 8517 times
By noisymime
Hey Chris, that's a really nifty looking project you've got going on!

You've got it right that utils.ino is the main spot you need to modify, though there is 1 other. You need to add an entry into the speeduino.ini file so that TunerStudio presents your board as an option. In that file, search for pinLayout and you should find the line easy enough.

Just to be clear though, that dynamic board system is for allowing different pin layouts, but always still on a Mega 2560. If you're using a different CPU, the rest of the code won't just work as it is written specifically around that micro.
By chaoschris
Hi Josh,
thanks for your quick answer, i will test it the following weekend.
I think I wasn't expressing me clear, this new project is a side-project of the ECU showing in my first post. This one has another automotive CPU and is already running on the bench and waiting for a real test in a car.
In the new project is of course a Atmega2560 and i can easily eat the fruits of really hard work in reverse-engineering the motronic (without having any schematics or datasheets :shock: )
Best regards,
Chris
By chaoschris
Hello Cristian,
there wasn't many time the last weeks for fiddling with this new toy. At the moment the CPU-Plugin is in working state, but needs some final testing.
The main functions seems to be in a working state, i've tested the input sensors, Bootloader and uploading the Firmware via Arduino IDE is working fine. Tunerstudio goes online without any problems. So there is some testing left and i have to make a new Bluetooth-Board for the EPROM-Socket.
Three pics of the actual state you can see in the attachment.
Best regards,
Chris
Attachments
P1060099k.JPG
P1060099k.JPG (467.96 KiB) Viewed 8269 times
P1060090k.JPG
P1060090k.JPG (494.79 KiB) Viewed 8269 times
P1060085k.JPG
P1060085k.JPG (400.11 KiB) Viewed 8269 times

Picture of the Cheery Hall Effect sensor: Cherry […]

Thanks for guiding me, I've been busy these past f[…]

Today I was with the car again looking for what co[…]

I've been away from playing cars for a few weeks, […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?