For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By george-angelosvoudouris
Keep in mind that the Honda ECU uses a specialty board to condition the stock distributor signals. It's labeled HIC 1!
By turboimport95
george-angelosvoudouris wrote:Keep in mind that the Honda ECU uses a specialty board to condition the stock distributor signals. It's labeled HIC 1!

Yeah after it passes through hic1, the signals are falling edge. They are then routed through a nand gate that inverts them to the common 0 to 5 volt wave the cpu uses... But it dont really matter if he is using a completely new board to honda wiring, all he needs is a vr signal conditioner to convert the sine to square wave, its no different then running a speeduino with the honda plugs chopped off the harness.. i ran my b16 that way with chopped harness plugs and had cop sequential running, with a 24-1 wheel in the dizzy of course. :mrgreen:
By george-angelosvoudouris
turboimport95 wrote:Yeah after it passes through hic1, the signals are falling edge. They are then routed through a nand gate that inverts them to the common 0 to 5 volt wave the cpu uses... But it dont really matter if he is using a completely new board to honda wiring, all he needs is a vr signal conditioner to convert the sine to square wave, its no different then running a speeduino with the honda plugs chopped off the harness.. i ran my b16 that way with chopped harness plugs and had cop sequential running, with a 24-1 wheel in the dizzy of course.
I agree with you but PNP also means minor mods changing the trigger wheel on the stock dizzy it's not PNP as you can't go back to the factory ECU
By texasgdp754
turboimport95 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:48 pm
george-angelosvoudouris wrote:Keep in mind that the Honda ECU uses a specialty board to condition the stock distributor signals. It's labeled HIC 1!

Yeah after it passes through hic1, the signals are falling edge. They are then routed through a nand gate that inverts them to the common 0 to 5 volt wave the cpu uses... But it dont really matter if he is using a completely new board to honda wiring, all he needs is a vr signal conditioner to convert the sine to square wave, its no different then running a speeduino with the honda plugs chopped off the harness.. i ran my b16 that way with chopped harness plugs and had cop sequential running, with a 24-1 wheel in the dizzy of course. :mrgreen:
Out of curiosity. interested in your solution for how you mounted and what type of wheel for the 24 1 inside dizzy
By twobarboost
Just thought i'd give this thread a bump... I've recently acquired a B16A2 out of a JDM del sol.
Just wondering what stage a potential Honda Teensy ECU had got to. I'd definitely be keen to purchase a unit immediately if they were at a Beta stage.

Cheers in advance.
By NickZ
has never been fully tested, i did start one engine up with it, without modification to the engine. but was only to test the engine. All functions where not tested.
the original beta board is out there somewhere, but i have never received any feedback (it was move on from the original person that had it to test)
its a case of when i have room (im banned from buying anymore cars) to purchase a car for testing.
By Mappie
Any news on the board in meanwhile? :)

if need testers.... let me know.
By sheckta
Hey there, recently bought a 92 civic with a d15b2 in it and i was wondering if you could update us to see if anyone could get a test board to give you feedback! Let us know! :D
By NickZ
I think its kinda dead project. I haven't ever been able to test it and i think the design would need to change as i have learnt a lot since i made it.
It would just as easier to make a harness adapter and use one of my PRO STM ecu's as it also has a "Going High" output to drive the Vtec solenoid.

Thank you. Ill try as soon as I can. These setti[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

cps.PNG With the crank at TDC, rotation is clo[…]

Had it running for a short period again. Same as […]

Ok, here is the first version of the adapter plate[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?