For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By MatijaCHA
sk8 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:59 pm
Just tried it out, that did not work unfortunately. Engine would have a loud backfire every 5-10 seconds of cranking. Switched the wires around to
Speeduino -> Coil -> Engine
IGN1.1 -> 5/2 -> 3/4
IGN2.1 -> 3/6 -> 2/5
IGN3.1 -> 1/4 -> 1/6

This made the engine crank over but ran extremely rough. This seems like a dumb question, but does the trigger angle change with wasted spark? I ask because when I used a timing light initially on my engine with the cap/rotor my trigger angle was 50, but I see many other people with m20b25 engine have trigger angle of 84.

EDIT: The issue was my trigger angle. I set it to -84 and verified with the timing light, car cranked right up. I'm really confused why my trigger changed with wasted spark vs using stock cap/rotor. Car was running smooth at 50 degrees with the stock cap/rotor. I checked with the same timing light both times.
So whats the final pinout now that you made with 276 degree (IGN Ecu - coil - to zyl) and INJ outputs 1-to zyl 1-6 , out2 to 2-5 ,out3 to 3-4 ..? planing to run the same coil pack
By MatijaCHA
i just installed the board on M30 engine and before i eaven cranked the engine i dicided to do a hardwere test and noticed IGN1 output LED blinks and coil sparks
IGN2 output LED blinks and coil sparks
IGN3 output nothing no LED Blinking no spark
IGN 4 output nothing no LED Blinking no spark

I cranked the car and the car was running on 4 zyl , Injectors Looking ok all 3 LED's blinking
Also i took the Ecu on the bench and only atached with the USB again on hardwere test same thing IGN1,2 LED blinking and 3 nothing
I trayed all versinos on sj5 same thing
How can i test if a Igniter is burned or the Mega sends no signal to it i have selected board layout v0.4 and on settings 6 zyl
paired and Wasted Spark
allso i run one of the early board models but i soldered the resistors and the diode like on the pictures
Please Help..
By Vauhtivaunu
MatijaCHA wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:32 pm i dicided to do a hardwere test and noticed IGN1 output LED blinks and coil sparks
Did you read that Speeduino hardware test should not do with coils and injectors connected?
MatijaCHA wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:32 pm How can i test if a Igniter is burned or the Mega sends no signal to it
I´ve learned in 16 years that only way without oscilloscope and laboratory power unit, is to solder new ISL9V transistor.

They cost some 2-3eur so you choice witch way to go.
By MatijaCHA
i will try tomorow i got some spare.. i have the same board on my m40 e30 running daily where i tested (hardwere test) many times in the car dident had any problems til now so thats why i did it
By Vauhtivaunu
MatijaCHA wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:22 pm i will try tomorow i got some spare.. i have the same board on my m40 e30 running daily where i tested (hardwere test) many times in the car dident had any problems til now so thats why i did it
If you switch between 4 and 6 cyl Motronic 1.3 (anything,original, megasquirt,speeduino,haltech you name it) you should only have one ignition channel and distributor. They work fine. Even 4-cyl original Motronic 1.3 works in 6-cyl when you put chip from 6-cyl in that. I´ve tested that.

If you have 4-cyl wasted spark or COP and 6-cyl wasted spark there is lot of things that can go wrong. Post log and msq if you are unsure.
By MatijaCHA
Vauhtivaunu wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:03 pm
If you switch between 4 and 6 cyl Motronic 1.3 (anything,original, megasquirt,speeduino,haltech you name it) you should only have one ignition channel and distributor. They work fine. Even 4-cyl original Motronic 1.3 works in 6-cyl when you put chip from 6-cyl in that. I´ve tested that.

If you have 4-cyl wasted spark or COP and 6-cyl wasted spark there is lot of things that can go wrong. Post log and msq if you are unsure.
All fine engine works was my soldering ERORR i soldered the Igbt driver in wrong directioon car runs fine now with that bosch 3x2 coil ty for the respond
Attachments
InkedIMG_9975_LI.jpg
InkedIMG_9975_LI.jpg (2.55 MiB) Viewed 6710 times
By sk8
MatijaCHA wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:50 pm
sk8 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:59 pm
Just tried it out, that did not work unfortunately. Engine would have a loud backfire every 5-10 seconds of cranking. Switched the wires around to
Speeduino -> Coil -> Engine
IGN1.1 -> 5/2 -> 3/4
IGN2.1 -> 3/6 -> 2/5
IGN3.1 -> 1/4 -> 1/6

This made the engine crank over but ran extremely rough. This seems like a dumb question, but does the trigger angle change with wasted spark? I ask because when I used a timing light initially on my engine with the cap/rotor my trigger angle was 50, but I see many other people with m20b25 engine have trigger angle of 84.

EDIT: The issue was my trigger angle. I set it to -84 and verified with the timing light, car cranked right up. I'm really confused why my trigger changed with wasted spark vs using stock cap/rotor. Car was running smooth at 50 degrees with the stock cap/rotor. I checked with the same timing light both times.
So whats the final pinout now that you made with 276 degree (IGN Ecu - coil - to zyl) and INJ outputs 1-to zyl 1-6 , out2 to 2-5 ,out3 to 3-4 ..? planing to run the same coil pack
Will depend on how you run your wires. This is how mine is ran.
ECU. -> COIL/PLUG. -> COIL/Cylinder#. -> Engine
IGN1.1 -> 1 -> 5/2 -> 1/6
IGN2.1 -> 2 -> 3/6 -> 2/5
IGN3.1 -> 3 -> 1/4 -> 3/4
12v -> 4 -> N/A -> N/A

Hope that makes sense.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?