For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By Alan khoo
Hi Raku,

Will it be possible to use this with as replacement to stock M20B25 motronic 1.3 ECU which has a zf4hp22 TCU set up?

Currently running an ethos chipped ECU with hx35 0.6 bar and is interested in getting speeduino as an upgrade to replace AFM to MAP with tuning ability.

Appreciate to have your input. Tqvm
By dazq
Alan khoo wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:17 pm Hi Raku,

Will it be possible to use this with as replacement to stock M20B25 motronic 1.3 ECU which has a zf4hp22 TCU set up?

Currently running an ethos chipped ECU with hx35 0.6 bar and is interested in getting speeduino as an upgrade to replace AFM to MAP with tuning ability.

Assuming your gearbox has its own ECU separate from the the engine one it may be possible to interface it to speedy.
You need to work out what the interface is ( serial, can or what ever) and the Comms protocol (if there is one) to design the interface to speedy.
By pazi88
Alan khoo wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:17 pm Hi Raku,

That's so old automatic that it probaply only has rpm input from ecu via same wire as tacho does. So it will probaply work fine.
By Alan khoo
Raku, Dazq, Pazi,

I last read that the TCU take reading from AFM via ECU output signal and vice versa to have a smooth transition. Time being it ran fine except the messy piping route from AFM to the hx35 inlet.

I wish to maintain the autobox minus AFM for traffic convenience. Not looking for huge WHP gain, just a little to get some extra push to the e34 . Just a project while learning. Seen someone did an Arduino TCU replacement. Probably that's the next step once I am able to digest.

Once I get the board, be in touch again. Thx for the assistance.
By pkagiantas
im having some weird issue if anyone can help V1.7 board on a M20 engine stock ingition

i made one send it the car owner says it wont start ( no spark )

also im pretty sure he fried the Q14 since it didnt pulse the injectors on startup and he fed 12volts on pin 36
strangely the injectors worked :lol:

he says he has no spark and the LED 6 stays on but if he unplugs everything from the ecu the led turns on and off as it should from the hardware testing

is there anything needed mod on the stock harness on a M20 or he just messed up everything ?
By janithdg
Found a schematic issue which will apply to single pin iac valve use, like bmw m40 pins of idle 1 and idle 2 needs to be swapped, else don't solder q10, solder q12 and select 2 pins and direction normal for idle control to work
By janithdg
Hi
I finally got m40 running in wasted cop and semi sequential
As I used a ZF Cherry hall sensor my trigger offset seems to be 243
Trying to get the tune ironed out
I have sync losses here and there, but not impacting drivability
An insight into the state of tune appreciated 🙂
I have a dip between 1000-1700 rpm
It's clearly visible in attached log trying to figure out how to flatten it
Attachments
(61.12 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
(827.77 KiB) Downloaded 180 times

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?