For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By Raku
*Update *
Been long time coming but V2 board now finished with fully sequential support along with lot more i/o options and improvements.
Gerber File V2.2
BOM and Pin outs V2.0

Hello

i have designed a speeduino compatible pcb for Motronic 55 pin ecus that used in m40,m20,m30 and s38
still working on the bom and documentation but feel free to add you thoughts

features -
- PNP for the stock engine harness and will work with stock ignition coil and bank injection.
- external connectors to run 6 individual ignition coils and 6 injectors in semi-sequential mode.
- able to use hall type or vr type CAS (for vr sensor external conditioner required)
- hall type Cam sensor input on cylinder ID connector (remove or disconnect the cylinder ID sensor from the stock harness before starting the car)
- able to run fully sequential fuel and ignition on 4 cyl
-ac idle up (pin D53 on tunerstudio)
-Clutch input active high or active low (solder the components on the area labeled as active clutch HIGH or low)

all the other functions are same as pazi88's m52 pcb.

** Please note dont solder component on both active high and active low clutch inputs.solder the component according to the clutch switch that you use.

*added female connectors part numbers to the BOM
*added proto area to the board.
* updated the pcb to v1.5 with fixes to the D9 Diode
*Update the pcb to 1.6 with fixes to the analog inputs
*added external map input via airflow sensor wires (Ground wire shared with IAT Ground,GR/GE-map input,GR/WS-5V)
*updated the pcb to v1.7 with more io to proto area, move the SJ3 to more sensible location and added serial3 interface header.

*TPS Wiring ---- BR/SW - TPS signal
BR/BL - 5V

easyEDA Project link

Gerber File V1.7

BOM V1.6/v1.7

** All the previous versions before V1.6 PCB had a major error on the analog inputs side. to fix it remove R46,R49,R52,R55 and add jumper wires in place to R44,R47,R50 and R53 and add 2.49 resistors between R50 and R53 to 5V.
Thanks Pazi for the fix
*if you have previous versions before V1.5 remove the D9 diode and solder it between pin18 and pin36 on the *Backside of the PCB* with white ring pointing pin18
Last edited by Raku on Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:31 am, edited 15 times in total.
By pazi88
Looks good. And I think I will use those same solder jumpers in my m50 PCB, because those look much faster to use :D Only one thing. You seem to have the MAP sensor totally on the PCB. In that way it needs to be spaced out to be able to plug in the hose. You might already know that, but just saying. EDIT: also does the 2n2222 fit under the connector pins?

BTW, i I took a look at that e30 m40 wiring diagram and it's exactly like vauhtivaunu said:
Vauhtivaunu wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:07 am M20,M30 and M40 (e30 and e34) uses Motronic 1.3 in 55-pin configuration. Pins are exactly same. You can even use M40 Motronic in M20 or M30 engine if you chance EPROM. I´ve checked that. S38 uses Motronic 1.2 but it uses almost same pins as Motronic 1.3. Only difference is that 1.2 uses MAF, when 1.3 uses flapper-style AFM.
It's possible because those all use only 2 banks of injectors and single coil, so pretty basic control :D
Last edited by pazi88 on Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Raku
pazi88 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:05 am You seem to have the MAP sensor totally on the PCB. In that way it needs to be spaced out to be able to plug in the hose. You might already know that, but just saying.
yes unfortunately map sensor is inside the casing. there is no room to put it near the case in side. i could put it on the back but don't know if there's any clearance problems on the e34 because of the ecu mounting position
By pazi88
Raku wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:23 pm
pazi88 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:05 am You seem to have the MAP sensor totally on the PCB. In that way it needs to be spaced out to be able to plug in the hose. You might already know that, but just saying.
yes unfortunately map sensor is inside the casing. there is no room to put it near the case in side. i could put it on the back but don't know if there's any clearance problems on the e34 because of the ecu mounting position
Would it be possible to reroute couple of traces and have notch in the pcb for the hose nipple? It would be neater solution than space up the map sensor.

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?