For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By Rocket
pazi88 wrote:
Rocket wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:51 am
pazi88 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:43 am Pretty much all FW versions have worked for me. 202202 is latest so use it. No idea about shadow dash if it works with speeduino firmwares. The dash doesn't render properly on my phones, so it's unusable. So haven't tried connecting to speeduino. MSdroid works with 202202 and older, but it usually requires some fiddling to accept the ini file.
What is correct way to update firmware ? Write latest fw, upload base tune and upload manually my tuned maps?
I personally just save the current tune and update the FW on the bench, and go through all the settings to make sure all makes sense, before plugging in the ecu back to car with new FW. If I get unexpected behavior, I wipe out the eeprom and burn the tune again to empty eeprom.

Others have different ways to FW update.
Last question, for v1.0 board, should I select bmw pnp board or speeduino v0.4? and injector layout paired? Thank You.
By purpose_built
Hello, i am currently running 80lb injectors(too big) with my m50 turbo setup. My question is if running alternating injector staging with 1 squirt per cycle is ok? it seems to idle and rev normal, just idles rich (around 13.5afr) and when i set it to 2 squirt per cycle or 1 squirt/simultaneous, the engine isn't too happy about it. is this ok? or could it be problematic at the higher rpms under load?
By LoStSOul
Great work from pazi88..

I have fully assembled with BMW PnP m4x configuration and i am now on bench tests/simulations. The weird thing are on injection, when i choose sequential layout on tunerstudio->engine constants always appear injector pairing 1+4 & 2+3 (or 1+3 & 2+4). Am i missing something ? the stock ecu is sequential injection
Attachments
Screenshot_2022-06-16_18-05-39.png
Screenshot_2022-06-16_18-05-39.png (53.85 KiB) Viewed 4008 times
By LoStSOul
LoStSOul wrote:Great work from pazi88..

I have fully assembled with BMW PnP m4x configuration and i am now on bench tests/simulations. The weird thing are on injection, when i choose sequential layout on tunerstudio->engine constants always appear injector pairing 1+4 & 2+3 (or 1+3 & 2+4). Am i missing something ? the stock ecu is sequential injection
found.. ardustim not sending cam signal, if crank + cam = use sequential, if cam sensor fails speeduino will use paired mode
By M50andM52FIX
M50nv has 2 types of electrical wiring. Siemens and bosch. Is there a pcb card working in Bosch installation. non-Vanos card Siemens It looks like it's been made for.
By pazi88
LoStSOul wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:06 pm Great work from pazi88..

LoStSOul wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:51 pm
found.. ardustim not sending cam signal, if crank + cam = use sequential, if cam sensor fails speeduino will use paired mode
Yes this is new feature in master. It depends highly on what m4x ecu you have that is it actually sequential originally. I think only late m43 ecus are fully sequential and m40, m42 and m43 use different combos of wasted spark and batch fire.
M50andM52FIX wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:57 pm M50nv has 2 types of electrical wiring. Siemens and bosch. Is there a pcb card working in Bosch installation. non-Vanos card Siemens It looks like it's been made for.
These boards are made for way more common bosch ecus for m50. Not for siemens ms40.x.
By Kalns
How important are ignition resistors, how precise they have to be compared to schematic ?
In schematic it states that there should be 150ohm resistors, at the time when I soldered ecu, I could not get these values and I soldered 110ohm resistors...
Could this cause issues reving engine 5+k rpm, that could cause missfire ?

PS does some one have noticed any issues with diy-efi.co.uk DSC vr conditioneer to have trigger problems ?

I soldered 10kohm pot on crank trigger pins as per microsquirt manual, and it solved some of the missfires, but not compleatly, still have them while reving 5+k rpm
I still cannot trace what could cause these missfires I am having.
Attachments
ign.PNG
ign.PNG (22.71 KiB) Viewed 3398 times
By JHolland
The resistors are current limiting resistors intended to protect the outputs of the TC4424, you may need to go lower in value if your coil requires more current. You should be able to go down to 22 Ohms with a 5V output or 62 Ohms with a 12V output and still retain the protection, if you need to go any lower and you may as well just short out the pads.
By pazi88
Well the resistor indeed protects the tc4424, but in this case it's more there to protect the mosfet input from ringing. 150 ohms is there because I know it works, but other values work too. The issue is more likely to be caused by the DSC. No idea why it doesn't work well in these engines with these boards. max9926 vr-conditioner works.
Ignition Angle doubled?

+1, distributor is being used as crank position, s[…]

Dude, use whatever you think will work best, or wh[…]

It has been done more than a few times, there wa[…]

Peugeot 205 rallye

Controller egt and oil temp

Still can't find what you're looking for?