For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By pazi88
rcrpaul wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:07 pm I see you are right--page 7 of the datasheet shows that COUT1 and COUT2 are open-drain, and they recommend 10K pullup to 5V. I can mimic this on my Uno running Ardustim.
Yes, but 10k is too big value to charge speeduino crank filter cap in decent time. 1k is used in speeduino vr-conditioners.
By rcrpaul
Funny, I only just saw your scope snapshot now.
I have the 2560 connected to a Uno running ardustim. I'm only getting 700-800 loops per sec which seems awfully low. Should this simple, 2-arduino setup kind of work?
I'm not getting sync losses, and the RPM matches between the source and destination. I'm using your M50TU tune.
By rcrpaul
Since the falling edge of the VR conditioner is the sharp, driven edge, do we have the opportunity to change the trigger edge from Rising to Falling?
By Vauhtivaunu
rcrpaul wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:53 am Since the falling edge of the VR conditioner is the sharp, driven edge, do we have the opportunity to change the trigger edge from Rising to Falling?
Pazi88 made good topic for this, but because it was not put sticky it fell under all s#it posted since.

This is it: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4440&p=47899#p47899

Read and learn.

Ps. Two days ago I put Raqu´s board with MAX9926 into e34 535 with Eaton M90 and Siemens 875cc´s. Falling edge triggering worked flawless with pure stock ignition and 0.4bar into redline 6300rpm.
By rcrpaul
Thanks for the pointer--what a great write-up!
But one question remains. In Pazi88's last post about 60-2 (Jan 26), he recommends falling edge trigger to get 0.1 degrees of error (rather than 2-3 degrees), yet his latest tune file for such an engine (M50TUB), has the triggers set to 'rising'.
I wonder why.
By Vauhtivaunu
rcrpaul wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 1:18 am yet his latest tune file for such an engine (M50TUB), has the triggers set to 'rising'.
I wonder why.
There is somekind of error when you load whole tune first time. Trigger edges turn "rising" even them are "falling" in tune you load. I´ve tested thing with dozen of arduino´s

Had it running for a short period again. Same as […]

Ok, here is the first version of the adapter plate[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

don't load your old tune in case it is corrupted[…]

Yes, totally wrong setting. Slight noise in TPS ca[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?