For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By Luizov
I tried to fire up the m42 with the new speeduino, but didn’t succeed. Maybe there is something wrong with my settings in tuner studio. When I am cranking injector leds are flashing, but there is no spark, no ignition leds flashing. Can you point me where could be the problem. I am really not familiar in engine tuning. If possible, can someone give me base tune for m42. The engine is completely stock with stock injectors and coils. Also dual vr conditioner is instilled on the board.
By theonewithin
Christ base tune base tune base tune...

Speeduino is getting all the Megasquirt people now it seems...

Speak with the maker of your board. If they have a base tune then you can use that.

If not then you have to make your own.

Speeduino does not have a library of tunes as there is no point.

The firmware changes and so many hardware combinations makes it neigh impossible to keep a library up to date.
By pazi88
Do the ignition leds work in hw test mode? (do not try while ecu is mounted in the car).
theonewithin wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:07 am Christ base tune base tune base tune...

Speeduino is getting al...
There is basetunes in my GitHub for these boards. With those the engine should be able to start and idle just fine if there is no HW problems.
By Luizov
pazi88 wrote:Do the ignition leds work in hw test mode? (do not try while ecu is mounted in the car).
Yes, leds illuminated in test mode connected via usb only with the pc. Which basetune should I use from github, there is one for m43, it shoud be fine with it?
By ecnerettee
Hi, I'm new here and I came from making Raku's motronic 1.3 and i watched a couple of videos. First off, thanks Pasi! Really appreciate the tremendous amount of effort you have put in to this. Before I order the parts, I have a couple of questions to confirm .. I hope you can help.

For D16, I think it was mentioned somewhere, maybe in Josh videos or in Amila's build that it's better to not populate.. Is this true? If it is, does this apply to D19?

For C14, is it better for it to be 10v rather than 6.3v?

For C16 & C15, is it better for it to be 50v?

For C13, is it better to be 10v?

I think i may have gotten the above notes from perhaps Josh videos, I can't remember.. forgive my memory..

As for R25,R27,R31,R32,R45,R74 - is it ok to use 160 ohms? I realize in Raku (Amila's) motronic 1.3 schematic, he used 160ohms instead of 150 ohms. I ask because i still have quite a number of these 160ohms resistors left.
By pazi88
ecnerettee wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:10 pm Hi, I'm new here and I came from making Raku's motronic 1.3 and i watched a couple of videos. First off, thanks Pasi! Really appreciate the tremendous amount of effort you have put in to this. Before I order the parts, I have a couple of questions to confirm .. I hope you can help.

For D16, I think it was mentioned somewhere, maybe in Josh videos or in Amila's build that it's better to not populate.. Is this true? If it is, does this apply to D19?

For C14, is it better for it to be 10v rather than 6.3v?

For C16 & C15, is it better for it to be 50v?

For C13, is it better to be 10v?

I think i may have gotten the above notes from perhaps Josh videos, I can't remember.. forgive my memory..

As for R25,R27,R31,R32,R45,R74 - is it ok to use 160 ohms? I realize in Raku (Amila's) motronic 1.3 schematic, he used 160ohms instead of 150 ohms. I ask because i still have quite a number of these 160ohms resistors left.
D16 is zener clamp for 5v line that should prevent failures of components using 5v voltage, if for example the 5v regulator fails and sends 12v to 5v line. I don't see point of leaving that off.

5v line should have max 5.6v voltage clamped by the D16 zener, so 6.3v is fine for C14. But higher voltage rating can be used.

C15 is 50v but 35v for c16 should be fine, because the varistor max voltage is 24v. But higher voltage rating can be used.

Don't know why C13 should be 10v. Just more items on BOM list.

Yes 160ohms is fine too. I did use the 150ohm resistors because those had better availability on correct size.
By assane
the car starts but it is swinging. What could be wrong ? I have the characteristics of the deka 630. I try to set the afr dose to 14.7, he jumps between 14.7 and 12. When I change something, there is a problem with firing. can fire 5 times in a row normally and flood it 6 times. Is anyone able to help advise something? I am already trying different settings. everything works normally in oem ecu.

sorry for my english
By jonbill
assane wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:08 pm the car starts but it is swinging. What could be wrong ? I have the characteristics of the deka 630. I try to set the afr dose to 14.7, he jumps between 14.7 and 12. When I change something, there is a problem with firing. can fire 5 times in a row normally and flood it 6 times. Is anyone able to help advise something? I am already trying different settings. everything works normally in oem ecu.

sorry for my english
please share your tune and a log of the problems.

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?