For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By Dochka
Hi,
I've assembled the latest M50 Version 2.3 Black board with the components like listed on the BOM Excel sheet,
Installed the latest 202202 firmware using PlatformIO and modified the Inj Channel to 6 and Ign Channels to 3 to run sequential...
Under Test Mode I get all the LED's to blink and the Injectors Clicking, also All the LED's for the Ignition Outputs illuminate but the Ignition Coils doesn't Fire :x
I also get all the sensor inputs correct, like RPM, TPS, MAP, BARO, BATT Voltage except Coolant and Air Temp showing 215 and if I try calibrating them, I get Error "Null" under "Thermistor Calibration" in Tuner Studio
Fuel Pump also primes and the IAC Works
I tried changing one of the Igniters inside the board to a "Bosch" one from Megasquirt with the same problem... No Spark :evil:
Also tried a logic ignition coil from a Nissan VQ35 engine, doesn't spark...
I can't understand why I have no spark if I get RPM and all the LED's are blinking
I've got the exact same issue with another board, the M52 Version 2.2 Black Board also...

Please help :cry:
Thank You
By pazi88
Dochka wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:58 pm Hi,
I've assembled the latest M50 Version 2.3 Black board with the components like listed on the BOM Excel sheet,
Installed the latest 202202 firmware using PlatformIO and modified the Inj Channel to 6 and Ign Channels to 3 to run sequential...
Under Test Mode I get all the LED's to blink and the Injectors Clicking, also All the LED's for the Ignition Outputs illuminate but the Ignition Coils doesn't Fire :x
I also get all the sensor inputs correct, like RPM, TPS, MAP, BARO, BATT Voltage except Coolant and Air Temp showing 215 and if I try calibrating them, I get Error "Null" under "Thermistor Calibration" in Tuner Studio
Fuel Pump also primes and the IAC Works
I tried changing one of the Igniters inside the board to a "Bosch" one from Megasquirt with the same problem... No Spark :evil:
Also tried a logic ignition coil from a Nissan VQ35 engine, doesn't spark...
I can't understand why I have no spark if I get RPM and all the LED's are blinking
I've got the exact same issue with another board, the M52 Version 2.2 Black Board also...

Please help :cry:
Thank You
You have some weird component problem. And that null error while calibrating is resolved in newer TS version.
By Rocket
pazi88 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:01 am

What latest stable firmware version best to use with rev1 board and m50b25nv engine? I have had some weird problems with other versions so I use 202005 for long time but now I bought shadow dash license and cant get it to work. I found that changing iniSpecVersion = 3.xx to 3.50 should help but I have no luck with that. Bluetooth module connects but cant find ecu. May be firmware version to old? I tried to swap tx rx wires and solder directly to arduino board, also did not helped.
By pazi88
Pretty much all FW versions have worked for me. 202202 is latest so use it. No idea about shadow dash if it works with speeduino firmwares. The dash doesn't render properly on my phones, so it's unusable. So haven't tried connecting to speeduino. MSdroid works with 202202 and older, but it usually requires some fiddling to accept the ini file.
By Rocket
pazi88 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:43 am Pretty much all FW versions have worked for me. 202202 is latest so use it. No idea about shadow dash if it works with speeduino firmwares. The dash doesn't render properly on my phones, so it's unusable. So haven't tried connecting to speeduino. MSdroid works with 202202 and older, but it usually requires some fiddling to accept the ini file.
What is correct way to update firmware ? Write latest fw, upload base tune and upload manually my tuned maps?
By pazi88
Rocket wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:51 am
pazi88 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:43 am Pretty much all FW versions have worked for me. 202202 is latest so use it. No idea about shadow dash if it works with speeduino firmwares. The dash doesn't render properly on my phones, so it's unusable. So haven't tried connecting to speeduino. MSdroid works with 202202 and older, but it usually requires some fiddling to accept the ini file.
What is correct way to update firmware ? Write latest fw, upload base tune and upload manually my tuned maps?
I personally just save the current tune and update the FW on the bench, and go through all the settings to make sure all makes sense, before plugging in the ecu back to car with new FW. If I get unexpected behavior, I wipe out the eeprom and burn the tune again to empty eeprom.

Others have different ways to FW update.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?