For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By My.Yeremenko
I want to replace the standard coils, but do not remove the housing of wires, there is a resistor to ground. Need to remove a resistor? I can use the positive wire without changes for
Vag coils? Thank you for what you are doing, for all of us))
By filipesbp
Hi all,

I have a Speeduino v0.4.3 board on an 6Cyl engine in semi-sequential mode with big injectors, which give me a very bad idle.

Since Pazi88 have sequential with the mega my idea is to get sequential injection for better idle, can I get some information please:

[*] Which pins are been used for the aditional outputs (Inj_5 and Inj_6)?
[*] For sequential it is necessary to add CAM sensor right?
By exvils
@filipesbp - i had 1700cc injectors on my 1.6L corolla and idle/part throttle was better than with 870cc siemens dekas
Also @pazi88 - in v2.2 board MAF signal should be on ecu pin 7, and ground on pin8, depending on ecu.. you wiring is right for ms41.2, but ms41.0 have this other way around.. not that would matter as little to no-one is using MAF
Attachments
(21.59 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
By pazi88
exvils wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:56 pm @filipesbp - i had 1700cc injectors on my 1.6L corolla and idle/part throttle was better than with 870cc siemens dekas
Also @pazi88 - in v2.2 board MAF signal should be on ecu pin 7, and ground on pin8, depending on ecu.. you wiring is right for ms41.2, but ms41.0 have this other way around.. not that would matter as little to no-one is using MAF
The rev 2.2 is still work in progress ;) But actually there is mistake in the wiring diagrams and ms41.0 and ms41.2 have same maf wiring. But the ms41 maf has some kind of floating signal ground so it probaply wont work correctly even if speeduino would have maf support. The whole connection is meant more like for external map or other extra sensor.
By andrezbim
Hello Pazi88! Firstly, thanks for all the shared resource you have added to my projects!

So I've recreated this project for myself.
I'm using vs. rev2.1
I have *I think* completed the fabrication.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/uBMgHwL8WSaXj4zn8

A few questions that don't seem to have clear answers for me:
1) Where is the sequential firmware? The links show no longer available. I believe that is because it is merged with speeduino firmware?

2) I have only started bench testing. When I run ardustim, I am able to create an RPM that get's the ignition firing, but none of the injectors. I have both the Speedy and stim running through the laptop, do I need a 12V battery, or can the laptop sufficiently fire the injector? I have verified that my ignition drivers appear like the left in the picture in #37053 post. I have also repeated this procedure using Hardware Testing feature in TS. I have also manually changed and updated globals.h. Can you run through some debug procedures to find me find my problem?

3) I am unclear on jumper configuration for ALL JP1-5 & Cam Sensor jumper. I intend the stock crank sensor, and M52TU cam sensor and sequential. Can you possibly add a chart to the M52 instruction doc that shows how exactly to configure the JP1-JP5? Should I be following Speedy manual for this, or do you have a different configuration for these jumpers? (This may be contributing to problem #2.)

4) I am adding a 3.5" tft lcd through serail3 using the plug TX RX connections and it seems to be working well. Would you like information about my setup to add detail for those wanting a separate interface?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/MzDRNZwmgv1HM1UJ8
By pazi88
Based on the pics you are missing the insulating pads behind injector fets. Don't connect that to anything before those are in place. Also use the ms41 case hardware to clamp down every to220 component against the case.

1. From 202005 the normal FW can be used with one little change, so older custom FW versions are removed. There is instructions in GitHub: https://github.com/pazi88/Speeduino-M5x ... duino-mega

2. You need 12v feeded into the board to make injector leds working. Don't do that before you get those insulations installed.

3. As it says on the JP2-5, those are for configuring O2 sensor wires. You can use those as extra analog sensor inputs and also to control stuff like boost solenoid. Or you should be able to read stock lambda sensors by configuring those properly. I just haven't yet done instructions how to use those. And jp1 usage should be quite clear from github:
6-cyl sequential is something that does not work directly in M52 with stock sensors. Instead of original m52 cam sensor, you can run M52tu / m54 intake cam sensor or any generic hall sensor. For that there is JP1 jumper that allows the hall sensor to be powered from 12v or 5v. If you want to put this to 12v and replace Stock M52 Cam Sensor with M52TU / M54 intake cam sensor, it will work great. BUT DO NOT USE THAT JUMPER WITH STOCK M52 INTAKE CAM SENSOR.
4. Yeah the serial3 pins are on the rear connector to add things like that. Feel free to share the design files for others to use.

BTW, there is now rev 2.2 work ongoing that adds possibility to use DIY-EFI TinyWB wideband controller on the board. The design isn't fully ready, but should be soon.
By NickZ
andrezbim wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:36 pm 4) I am adding a 3.5" tft lcd through serail3 using the plug TX RX connections and it seems to be working well. Would you like information about my setup to add detail for those wanting a separate interface?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/MzDRNZwmgv1HM1UJ8
I would love some more detail on your Display. Maybe you could add the topic on how you have done it.
By andrezbim
pazi88 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:17 am Based on the pics you are missing the insulating pads behind injector fets. Don't connect that to anything before those are in place. Also use the ms41 case hardware to clamp down every to220 component against the case.

1. From 202005 the normal FW can be used with one little change, so older custom FW versions are removed. There is instructions in GitHub: https://github.com/pazi88/Speeduino-M5x ... duino-mega

2. You need 12v feeded into the board to make injector leds working. Don't do that before you get those insulations installed.

3. As it says on the JP2-5, those are for configuring O2 sensor wires. You can use those as extra analog sensor inputs and also to control stuff like boost solenoid. Or you should be able to read stock lambda sensors by configuring those properly. I just haven't yet done instructions how to use those. And jp1 usage should be quite clear from github:
6-cyl sequential is something that does not work directly in M52 with stock sensors. Instead of original m52 cam sensor, you can run M52tu / m54 intake cam sensor or any generic hall sensor. For that there is JP1 jumper that allows the hall sensor to be powered from 12v or 5v. If you want to put this to 12v and replace Stock M52 Cam Sensor with M52TU / M54 intake cam sensor, it will work great. BUT DO NOT USE THAT JUMPER WITH STOCK M52 INTAKE CAM SENSOR.
4. Yeah the serial3 pins are on the rear connector to add things like that. Feel free to share the design files for others to use.

BTW, there is now rev 2.2 work ongoing that adds possibility to use DIY-EFI TinyWB wideband controller on the board. The design isn't fully ready, but should be soon.
Insulating pads: Noted, this was an older pic and those are now installed and were before testing.
1) Noted and understood.
2) Noted and understood.
3) Understood. Yes the reason for the confusion on my end was the differences between these jumpers and what's mentioned in base speeduino wiki. Thanks for the clarification.
4) I will share once it's fully sorted. Happy to have plug access to serial.

Rev 2.2 - I will build one, once you're complete. Learned a lot the first time around and wideband sounds great.

Recommendations for new rev -
-surface mount baro, and chips were NOT easy to solder. Maybe you have a trick, but I would very much prefer a thru hole design unless you're intending this for outsourced assembly.
-knock sensor provisions
-teensy for speed and board space

Thanks for all your help!
Last edited by andrezbim on Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?